NITROUS

Adam rs

Just had a quote from WON in doncaster for fitting me a system with progressive control.

My concern is that i thought i may need to retard my ignition,But they seem happy to fit the kit up to 75 bhp without the need for it.

They said i will be ok if my car has automatic timing adjustment and my ignition hasnt been advanced when i had the uprev done.

Not sure wether or not it was advanced at rs but does the car have automatic adjustment anyway?

Anyone else fitted a nitrous kit and come across these issues?

im currently at 294 bhp and would like at least 350. :)

Thanks guys.

:wave:

It all depends on how RS have tuned your car, retarding is advisable on a 75 shot and 100 shot is a must.

If you're currently at 294 at the fly you should hit 350, although I only made 344 at the fly, I was hoping for more really. But hey ho.

Wizards are fine with the installation, but they don't check your AFR when testing so I'd advise you have it fitted by WON if you chose or to have it fitted by a mechanic who's installed NOS in the Zed before

Having sat down and thought about things sensibly it might be wise to have it fitted and set up by won then book it in with rs to have it checked on the rollers.I already have the uprev licence so its only mapping costs.

wasso, does the nitrous come in with a bit of a kick as i think thats what im missing from my cosworth.

How long does the bottle last?

My pockets are now empty from my installation. I'm going to be running 100hp but to do so with safety in mind I have installed a standalone ems to make sure nothing goes boom. It will be controlling and monitoring afr, bottles heaters and safety devices. Don't expect it to be as cheap as they first quoted you.

A bottle heater is a major part in the safe operation of the nos also. After much research the temperature/pressure seems to have a major effect on the nitrous boost.

I'll be updating my thread as it progresses.

Kick... Yeah it's a kick, but all dependent on shot size. I would not advise going straight in with the 75 shot, start at 25 then tune. Run the car for a couple of weeks to see how the tune performs, do this for the 50 and 75 shot. So maybe agree a price with RS in the outset. Remember once the system is installed upgrading 25 increment shots will cost you £12 + any tuning time.

How long does the bottle last. I shall ask the same question to you. How long does a tank of fuel last? It's all dependent on your shot size and how often you use it. I can example a rough guide. The Nurburgring is 12 miles long, I used about 4lb in those 12 laps. So shall we say 30+ blasts, the longer you have your foot on the loud pedal the more squirt you use.

Here's a short cut to my build thread for the NOS

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28423&hilit=Nitrous&start=90

My pockets are now empty from my installation. I'm going to be running 100hp but to do so with safety in mind I have installed a standalone ems to make sure nothing goes boom. It will be controlling and monitoring afr, bottles heaters and safety devices. Don't expect it to be as cheap as they first quoted you.

A bottle heater is a major part in the safe operation of the nos also. After much research the temperature/pressure seems to have a major effect on the nitrous boost.

I'll be updating my thread as it progresses.

Your pockets ain't empty bro! :lol:

I wouldn't say the pressure dictates safety, but surely affects your NOS performance.

You need to be running at least 850psi for it to give something worthwhile, 950psi is darn perfect.

A standalone management system is preferred and I've heard this a number of times now. UPREV is ok to handle NOS but won't beat the standalone.

I wouldn't say the pressure dictates safety, but surely affects your NOS performance.

You need to be running at least 850psi for it to give something worthwhile, 950psi is darn perfect.

A standalone management system is preferred and I've heard this a number of times now. UPREV is ok to handle NOS but won't beat the standalone.

We hongry :lol:

Can always count on my two bro's to bring comical value to the convo lol.

Ian it was to do with the afr ratio when the nitrous pressure was dropping I read. Not directly safety bit more efficiency :thumbs:

How's your car going? All teething problems solved?

vin-diesel-nos-rf_416292.jpg

Neilp yesterday....

As is always the case it's best to speak to people that have it fitted (Wasso) and the people that will be mapping the car etc to get advice. There will be a million threads on my350 about Noooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssss too. :)

To be fair there would never be any issues with under pressure as there will be less NOS being fired yet the same amount of fuel in the intake, so if anything it becomes safer on low pressure. High pressure on the other hand can cause issues i.e. Anything say over 1,100 psi could be a problem.

Car is fine and been running great since AME cured their magic. I'm hoping to get back down to them before Christmas to get a final tune. There's so many things on the wish list. Any idea when you get your car back, bet you can't wait to "push the button"

I can just imagine :lol:

To be fair there would never be any issues with under pressure as there will be less NOS being fired yet the same amount of fuel in the intake, so if anything it becomes safer on low pressure. High pressure on the other hand can cause issues i.e. Anything say over 1,100 psi could be a problem.

Car is fine and been running great since AME cured their magic. I'm hoping to get back down to them before Christmas to get a final tune. There's so many things on the wish list. Any idea when you get your car back, bet you can't wait to "push the button"

I can just imagine :lol:

Lol I'm not sure when I'm getting it back lol. Getting more and more stuff adde onto it. To be fair I told them to aim or feb as it gives me time to sort out cash as it goes and get everything done at once while it's there. Can't wait to feel the boost. Time the fat bitch learned to dance haha