Roadster owners - can you help with something?

The Seasider

Hi all - I've just purchased a 350Z Roadster.

I've done some searches but I don't appear to be able to find the answer to my query - which is...

When I open the roof the door windows drop to let the hood fold but then annoyingly don't go back up again.

The same happens when I close the roof - they go down but don't come back up.

Should they?

I've had quite a few convertibles in recent years with electric roofs, all dropped their windows to open/close the roof but all put them back up again.

If they are supposed to go back up - does anyone know the reset sequence to restore the setting?

Thanks

hi had same problem with our roadster windows.was advised by a friend,to reset the

windows by holding the window switch in a up position so the window is closed

and to hold the switch for thirty seconds,so that it reprogrammes its self.this resolved

our problem on the 370z hope this helps you . :)

The Nissan garage seem to think that the windows should drop a little and then come back up...

I'm going to take it in at some point and get them to check it.

I'll let you know the outcome and if there is a simple fix.

Thanks to all of you responded ;)

Wouldn't waste your time, thats the way the roof/windows work, obviously nissan don't have a clue. Why are you so concerned about it anyway?

Windows go down - don't come back up is "Standard Operating Procedure"

Not surprised the strealers don't know the SOPs on a 350, they normally don't know anything

It's no big deal, though, is it? You just put the windows up (or not) as you desire after putting the soft top down or up . . . .

lol at the Nissan dealers answer. Muppets. Its perfectly normal.

The most anoying thing i find, which they actually fixed on the 370 is that whilst the driver window auto goes up (like most cars) when you push the window up button fully up. But, the passenger side one doesnt - you have to keep your finger on it. On the 370 the passenger one is like the drivers one, auto up & down.

Sorry if I'm looking a bit OCD on this, but it just seemed daft that if the sequence can be programmed to drop the windows into the doors it should be clever enough to close them like the previous 4 convertibles that I have owned with electric roofs. I could accept that they should stay down if you are opening the roof, as some people do indeed like to drive with the windows down - but who would want to leave their car with the windows open when they close the roof?

I guess the trip to the dealers will be a bit pointless then? :)

Great car otherwise :thumbs:

Sorry if I'm looking a bit OCD on this, but it just seemed daft that if the sequence can be programmed to drop the windows into the doors it should be clever enough to close them like the previous 4 convertibles that I have owned with electric roofs. I could accept that they should stay down if you are opening the roof, as some people do indeed like to drive with the windows down - but who would want to leave their car with the windows open when they close the roof?

I guess the trip to the dealers will be a bit pointless then? :)

Great car otherwise :thumbs:

I agree. Its clever enough to tilt the seats forward whilst the roof operates, then move the seats back, so really it should raise the windows too when it closes the roof.

My car went back to the dealers a few months back and in the process of looking at a bit of trim they broke my roof completely and the car was with them for a few days whilst they fixed it. When it came back the windows operated just the same as before, so I doubt theres much they can do. But, if they are prepared to look at it for free, it wouldnt hurt to let them puzzle over it for a while.