How much for the k&n on my insurance premium???

sl114

M8, i understand your predicament. If you want to be legal and get anywhere, ask to talk to the underwriters of the insurance, btu in a nice way. That way, you can feel you ahev done all you can be be legal. Its not directly your fault if they havent got the systems in place to realistically reflect the modification. . . . .

I had to do the same with bell.co.uk as they dont realistically as yet reflect teh penalties you egt in Guernsey for speeding. Deafult penalty is £80 and 1month off the roads for speeding . (over 35mph in a 25mph or 50mph in a 35mph). The lowest conviction in the UK is 3 points, but you have to be doing something lary to get a ban. If i say ive got a ban the premium goes up £600!!!!

I expressed my concernt to the sales women, nicely, and she game my name to the underwriter , who , phoned me and we had a discussion. Hes now lookign into the situation and to make it fairer.

Try it mate. Your concern isnt miss placed> You could be the person who makes the difference.

So long as you sell your concerns to them and dont come across as pushy, just trying to keep legal, then im sure you'll get somewhere, just be geniune and dont take the person on the end of the phone as the person at fault, there only a salesman. . . .obviously helps if you get them on a good day. . . . :D

Its a shame is world doesnt work on intentions, as yours is obvioulsy good. . . .

Jamie

M8, i understand your predicament. If you want to be legal and get anywhere, ask to talk to the underwriters of the insurance, btu in a nice way. That way, you can feel you ahev done all you can be be legal. Its not directly your fault if they havent got the systems in place to realistically reflect the modification. . . . .

I had to do the same with bell.co.uk as they dont realistically as yet reflect teh penalties you egt in Guernsey for speeding. Deafult penalty is £80 and 1month off the roads for speeding . (over 35mph in a 25mph or 50mph in a 35mph). The lowest conviction in the UK is 3 points, but you have to be doing something lary to get a ban. If i say ive got a ban the premium goes up £600!!!!

I expressed my concernt to the sales women, nicely, and she game my name to the underwriter , who , phoned me and we had a discussion. Hes now lookign into the situation and to make it fairer.

Try it mate. Your concern isnt miss placed> You could be the person who makes the difference.

So long as you sell your concerns to them and dont come across as pushy, just trying to keep legal, then im sure you'll get somewhere, just be geniune and dont take the person on the end of the phone as the person at fault, there only a salesman. . . .obviously helps if you get them on a good day. . . . :D

Its a shame is world doesnt work on intentions, as yours is obvioulsy good. . . .

Jamie

Thanks buddy, that sounds like a good idea, i would like to get a garage certificate though to say this will not give any increase in performance to the zed but i dont know any garages that will.

Anyone on here?

Jamie

Thanks buddy, that sounds like a good idea, i would like to get a garage certificate though to say this will not give any increase in performance to the zed but i dont know any garages that will.

Anyone on here?

I'll do it mate, accountants can sign anything off can't they?! ;):p

As for the Nismo kit, ask them to quote you as if you'd bought the car with it rather than adding it as a mod. Bet it's cheaper......

Air filter, always a bit more tricky. Surely Nissan have printed material about the self adjusting ECU etc??

Jamie

Anyone on here?

I'll do it mate, accountants can sign anything off can't they?! ;):p

As for the Nismo kit, ask them to quote you as if you'd bought the car with it rather than adding it as a mod. Bet it's cheaper......

Air filter, always a bit more tricky. Surely Nissan have printed material about the self adjusting ECU etc??

Haha thats so true.

Im sure Nissan have got some literature on this, will do a search and see what i can find :thumbs:

• 1 month later...