How much for the k&n on my insurance premium???

sl114

Just called up my insurance company to see how much its going to cost for the k&n typhoon indiction kit and they just said its £400 extra on top of my premium!!!!

I cant beleive it! They did it on the 297bhp model??? I have the pre 06 car and said they need a garage report to validate the bhp increase.

What do i do now as i am not going to pay £400 for that!

To add to that, they couldnt quote on the Nismo kit as they need more information as in will i be changing the alloys (not yet), will i be lowering it (no) what parts of the kit (all of it)

I thought that would be simple!

Im frustrated now and want to go home!

you made one simple mistake , you told your insurance co....

dont tell em anything, makes life much simpler ;)

besides which they will never know one way or another...

i just worry about things like this and want to do it properly as sods law someone smacks into me and they find out and my insurance is void.

They won't know unless you really need the insurance - ie you have a serious accident as 10s of thousands of people do every year in the UK.

Do you really want to risk driving round uninsured and risking everything you have just for a bit of extra noise or show or the money to pay for the insurance cover ?

Hit someone and cripple them and not be insured and say goodbye to that nice car, nice house, kids university fund etc etc when they sue you for every penny you have now and will earn in the future....

Advising people to break the law is not what this forum is for surely....

When I declared my Popcharger & 19s I was expecting a big increase ( last year they wanted £150 for an induction kit). Was pleasently surprised at a £45 increase. Just need to phone them again to tell them about the Plenum & decats.

change insurance company. I have declared all my mods and pay £900pa with Adrian Flux, replacement like for like as well. This is with 3yr ncb and living in an M postcode which is the worst but 1 for car insurance.

BTW I expect my insurance to go down ~£200 come May, otherwise I'll just switch to someone else

With regards to lomoto's advice, really it's about what mods we are talking about here... are you going to declare a stubby aerial??? Let's be realistic. Just tell em the K&N won't increase bhp, which is the truth. Nismo kit? it came with it when I bought it.... end of. :)

change insurance company. I have declared all my mods and pay £900pa with Adrian Flux, replacement like for like as well. This is with 3yr ncb and living in an M postcode which is the worst but 1 for car insurance.

BTW I expect my insurance to go down ~£200 come May, otherwise I'll just switch to someone else

With regards to lomoto's advice, really it's about what mods we are talking about here... are you going to declare a stubby aerial??? Let's be realistic. Just tell em the K&N won't increase bhp, which is the truth. Nismo kit? it came with it when I bought it.... end of. :)

Thing is i am with Adrian Flux as they quoted me the best out of 10 brokers and insurance companies.

I told them the K&N will not increase BHP but they said that every induction kit on the 350z will give an increase according to their system, hence they want a garage to confirm this.

Anyone know a good garage to send me a letter with this 0% bhp increase? ;)

tell them 3bhp

they are just messing with you. I listed the kit from the beginning, and quoted 0 increase iirc.

I may not go through Adrian Flux and call the insurance company direct, that way i side step the middle man (or dozy woman in this case)

I know what you mean, but i dont know if it is worth the risk.

I really want it on as its going to sound awesome, but i dont think its worth the risk of not telling my insurance company.

I may just sell this on when i get it and get a panel filter or something.

I really want it on as its going to sound awesome, but i dont think its worth the risk of not telling my insurance company.

put the bugger on and stop fannying around :)

Just put it on!

Don't be so gay.

haha, im not getting that now dont worry

PS: That email B);)

she wasnt one of mine though, friend sent the pics as he found them, still nice though.

Don't be so gay.

haha, im not getting that now dont worry

PS: That email B);)

she wasnt one of mine though, friend sent the pics as he found them, still nice though.

Young skin :in_love: