370z driving position

Ecosseven

Morning all,

Now that 370’s are coming down in price a bit I’m considering one as a daily driver. I can live with the mpg and the road tax (although £445 will sting once a year!). One thing that does concern me is the driving position. I’m 5’9†and although I’ve never driven a zed I have sat in quite a few. I find the steering wheel too far away and there is no reach adjustment. Is this just me or does anyone else find this a problem?

All the best.

I'm 5" 8' (and a bit ;) ) and have no problem. Fairly obvious but go and sit in one and see for yourself.

The thing that annoys me (and don't know whether it's height related) but I struggle to see past the damn wing-mirror, I mean when waiting at a roundabout, I struggle to see cars coming from the right without peering over or around it. I've pumped my seat up a bit, which helped, but don't want my head sticking out of the roof!!!

I'm only a shorty at 5'6" but it fits fine for me. I have more trouble with the missus Alfa which has reach adjustment, which even when all the way out it too far away from me. It also doesnt go low enough. Being short though I suit Jap cars :teeth:

The thing that annoys me (and don't know whether it's height related) but I struggle to see past the damn wing-mirror, I mean when waiting at a roundabout, I struggle to see cars coming from the right without peering over or around it.

Was the same with the loan 370 that I had for 24 hours. And that was sitting bolt straight in the seat.

Think its band M, but the prices have gone up this year I guess.

Its band L for the 370 Chris ;)

As regards the seating, at 5' 9" that should be ideall with the range of seat adjustment available and the height adjustment of the wheel, given the fact that the designers are more likely to be that height than gits like me at 6' 2".

But I can appreciate the wing mirror size can be an 'obstacle' and whereas I do not have that problem with my height the obscured rear view is my biggest issue with the black surround to the rear window cutting off the tops of following cars.

Maybe I'll have to lok at a rear view mirror that sits just a little lower than standard :shrug:

I wonder if there are any suitable wing mirror modifications available for a 370 yet? Seems a sensible idea to alleviate the issue. Mind you, are the wing mirrors heated like the later model 350's were?

Heated and electric folding so will be a dog to change. Easier to just get used to it. :shrug:

Received my tax reminder today funnily enough so can absolutely confirm it's -:

£253.00 for 6 months

£460.00 for 12 months

Gonna stick 12 months on the beast to delay the effect of April's inevitable price rise :bang: .

I would challenge that:

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/environme ... andLM.html

Tax Bands.pdf

I've had his before, what do you reckon the out one is when you challenge the DVLA?? That right, they couldn't give a toss!!

Can understand you might not be arsed with the hassle over an extra £15, but you are not alone due to the incompetence of the DVLA call centres:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Road-tax/ ... tax-rules/

All 370's are in Class L - that is what mine is, and Class L is the tax I pay:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/sum ... 770&page=3

Enough ammo with the links supplied if you don't like being ripped off

So up to you :shrug:

I'm a shorty at about 5.7 (5.8 if I'm feeling optimistic). Wasn't til I'd had the car about 2 months that I realised you could raise the driver's seat height with one of the 'dials' on the side. With that and just moving the seat forward I get along fine, as does my girlfriend, whose not much over 5ft. :thumbs:

Seating is fine for me (5'9''). The wing mirrors are just too big.

It's all the new European legislation I'm afraid. When the 3 series saloon was facelifted (57 plate) they came with great big Dumbo mirrors and seems that the same has occured with the Zed. Problem being that you sit so much lower down in a Zed so it's in fact counter-productive and created a danger as opposed to reducing danger. Here's before & after...

eh, why won't it thumbnail??

I think this is going to get confusing. I beleive that before, 7AT coupe & roadster were band L, 6MT roadster was band M (only just mind). I seem to remember reading that for MY11+ they fiddled with the ECU to bring all cars back into band L. There certainly used to be a split for 6MT roadster being in a different class, so the DVLA may be right.

I think this is going to get confusing. I beleive that before, 7AT coupe & roadster were band L, 6MT roadster was band M (only just mind). I seem to remember reading that for MY11+ they fiddled with the ECU to bring all cars back into band L. There certainly used to be a split for 6MT roadster being in a different class, so the DVLA may be right.

Confirmed here Chris:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=53767

It's just the 370 manual roadster that is in Band M, all the rest are Band L.