Advice please

cowie

Hi guys, have got the car booked into RS tuning in october for an uprev,I'd also mentioned that I would be getting a plenum spacer, stillen Y pipe,berk HFC's and a scorpion xorst and for them to fit these,or I could get these fitments done at Camskill then i'll at least be able to get the old exhaust and other bits back home easier, question is with this stuff fitted would it have any bad affect- running issues on the car without the uprev done for a few weeks?

cheers

Ian

If your fitting Berks without a remap you may need some of these ..............

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=23979

:thumbs:

Mine was fine without. No lights at all. :)

Had an MOT a month or so after and the tester said it was peeing out daiseys. The emisions were that good.

From what I have seen some people get issues and some dont. I think SpursMadDave had a problem because he did not fit them... but then he just drove round with the light on for a week until he got a remap :lol:

When I brought my zed in to be mapped at Rstuning they found it to be running dangerously lean. They thought it may have been the plenum spacer, which thankfully I'd only fitted the week before. All sorted during the remap and car's running like a dream. Fyi I've got plenum spacer, hfcs, exhaust and cai fitted.

No issues at all. the ecu will reset itself anyway.

It wont reset itself , it will slow retune it self to the AFR's that are in the template AFR table in the ECU.

Doing a manual reset will help this happen quickly, but from our knowledge on the 350Z tuning , you will have no issues running the car with the mods fitted before you get a remap, the car may feel a little sluggish mid range thou until you get the remap.

cheers

When I brought my zed in to be mapped at Rstuning they found it to be running dangerously lean. They thought it may have been the plenum spacer, which thankfully I'd only fitted the week before. All sorted during the remap and car's running like a dream. Fyi I've got plenum spacer, hfcs, exhaust and cai fitted.

It wont be the plenum spacer making the car run lean, the HFC,s make the car runs lean before a remap.

Mark

Hi guys, have got the car booked into RS tuning in october for an uprev,I'd also mentioned that I would be getting a plenum spacer, stillen Y pipe,berk HFC's and a scorpion xorst and for them to fit these,or I could get these fitments done at Camskill then i'll at least be able to get the old exhaust and other bits back home easier, question is with this stuff fitted would it have any bad affect- running issues on the car without the uprev done for a few weeks?

cheers

Ian

Got this set up on my car, RS fitted the berks and stillen Y pipe but I had a remap at the same time. No problems or issues but as already stated the berks will run the car leaner and a remap is really needed. The good news is that it pushed my ponies from 292 to 301bhp and the sound is, shall we say invigorating. ;)

Great, thanks for the replies, Clarkie, think it was your post i'd read about it running lean that spurred me to ask the question, How about if I get all done here by Camskill xept the HFC's and get RS to fit them when i get the uprev.

What do you guys do when you get new exhausts put on, keep the old one(mine seems fine) or scrap it, that's my reason for having most of the work done up here.

No advice from me marra (other than go for it) but would love to hear it after the mods. I've been thinking about an exhaust upgrade for a while as i've always liked the sound of AK's Nismo but meant to be saving ££££'s for a house move.

Hope you're impressed with the results and maybe you can pursuade me......

No advice from me marra (other than go for it) but would love to hear it after the mods. I've been thinking about an exhaust upgrade for a while as i've always liked the sound of AK's Nismo but meant to be saving ££££'s for a house move.

Hope you're impressed with the results and maybe you can pursuade me......

Hello mate not seen you around for a while, hows it going?

Hello mate not seen you around for a while, hows it going?

Yeah, i'm ok now cheers. I've been unable to drive for a few weeks :thumbdown: - dislocated colar bone, damaged shoulder ligaments & wrist - heavy fall off the mountain bike up in Whinlatter :stretcher: was with a few mates so got to to A&E ok, nothing broken.

Now I'm back away at work for 3 weeks.