Hella' lot of 06-56's

AMT

Mentioned it in my last post but while trawling through autotrader, has anyone else noticed that a vast majority of them for sale are 06' & 56' plates? Is the oil consumption issue making people sell and the fear stopping people buying them? lol Just something a noticed. :shrug:

it may also be due to the tax

I think so - its noticeabale how many would-be purchasers seem off-put by the tax difference. I've also noticed of late that there are an increasing number of pre rev-up engines seemingly with oil issues. My guess is that a large part of the problem is down to the stupid dip-stick design which is common to both the 276 and 296 engines and whilst a small oil consumption is nothing to worry about if the levels are not carefully checked and it gets low that's when problems arise.

Mine started to use more oil once it past 75k miles. Before that I didnt need to top up between each service but after that it did need a bit. If people werent in the habit of checking often, I think a lot of the older ones will now behaving problems if they've let the engine run nearly dry before.

Seems a bit silly to pay £1000 more for an inferior car to save £200 per year Tax when the cheaper rate is likely to disapear. The are also a serious lot of 2010 370s in autotrader too. In nothern Ireland there are many more 2003 - 2005 models for sale.

As regards the oil issue most owners with 2006 2007 56 models are not having this problem.

Yeah, I heard that a lot of them which did have it either had it sorted or new engine, apparently most have been "seen to" anyway lol. Just scarin myself cos' when i go to get it, its a big buy, the "dream car" if you will. Need to make sure I get it right. Even if it means bombarding this place with questions lol (sorry guys! :blush: ) See this oil consumption thing, anyone on here had it? I mean if it did start using more oil... just check it and top up, and should be ok... or is it more serious than that. I mean after a large amount of miles I can imagine a car might use more oil, but meh...

Oh and doogy, yep had a look. Not until spring/early summer next year. Seems a fair bit away but not when your shoving chunks of money buy and hoping months hurry up lol. tidy, its like the perfect car that one! Silver, new facelift. DAMMIT. I want one now :blush::bang:

Mentioned it in my last post but while trawling through autotrader, has anyone else noticed that a vast majority of them for sale are 06' & 56' plates? Is the oil consumption issue making people sell and the fear stopping people buying them? lol Just something a noticed. :shrug:

I think you should do another head count as there are actually many more 2004 350s than 2006 facelift ones on autotrader.co.uk

Hmmm, might possibly look at a 2006 after all lol.Tax doesn't put me off, just save a bit, i mean... 250 over a year. Sell a kidney or something lol :teeth:

Thats the way I think about the tax :lol:

Just in case you have not seen it.............. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=52802 :blush:

I just translated your binary signature lol.

:#1::lol:

Hmmm, might possibly look at a 2006 after all lol.Tax doesn't put me off, just save a bit, i mean... 250 over a year. Sell a kidney or something lol :teeth:

Thats the way I think about the tax :lol:

Just in case you have not seen it.............. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=52802 :blush:

I just translated your binary signature lol.

:#1::lol:

01001101 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101111 00100000 01101000 01101111 01110000 01100110 01110101 01101100 01101100 01111001 :thumbs: