Tesco clubcard Vs. Sainsbury's Nectar

elfman

For the past 10 months maybe longer i've been filling up at sainsburys every week at an average of about £70 a week maybe more and have been using my nectar card. I dont shop there except for the odd thing and have built up just under 1300 points, now this is only worth around £12, which given the amount i've spent i feel is awefull.

So today i've signed up for a tesco's clubcard, they're opposite each other so no extra travelling and tesco's is 99 ron. so already has a advantage. I'm going to see what the rewards are like at tesco's but wondered if anyone had done a comparisant?

I used to fill up once a week about the same as you. Used to get £12/quarter, so about £50/yr. Then you get the multiplier on most things (3x) so works out about £150 to spend on nice hotels or days out etc. Get a Clubcard creditcard and you get double points at the pump (Tesco the shop give you one lot, Tesco finance then give you the same again) :#1:

Tesco is better because you can use the points for so much. I use mine a lot for restaurants like pizza express because a fiver gives you £15 and until recently it was £20! Never spend the vouchers just in the store as they are worth so much more by multiplying them online for vouchers. Having said all that, Tesco now give you way less points for fuel than before. You only get 1 point for every £2 spent whereas you get 2 points for every £1 spent in store.

Also I think they are doing a 3x or 4x multiplier in store atm, not just the usual 1x for points trade in.

Clubcard creditcard is the way to go if you want to get the most points though and use a credit card - we use ours to pay for everthing and pay it off when the bill comes in :teeth:

Thats what I do too. God we sound like a couple of old housewives! :lol:

Having to put over a tanks worth of fuel in the Zed a week made me go a bit points mad :lol:

I think the next stash of vouchers will be paying for a nice trackday experience for mwah. Last lot went on a watch for Amanda which cost her a fiver to get a really nice watch from Goldsmiths (a fair few hundred quids worth!) and the current lot are going on a birthday pressie for me mum :teeth:

For the past 10 months maybe longer i've been filling up at sainsburys every week at an average of about £70 a week maybe more and have been using my nectar card. I dont shop there except for the odd thing and have built up just under 1300 points, now this is only worth around £12, which given the amount i've spent i feel is awefull.

So today i've signed up for a tesco's clubcard, they're opposite each other so no extra travelling and tesco's is 99 ron. so already has a advantage. I'm going to see what the rewards are like at tesco's but wondered if anyone had done a comparisant?

Get a Tesco credit card and you get extra points on top of the normal points, I also have a Halifax credit card that give you £5 cash back every months as long as you spend £300....yeaph I'm definatly getting old :lol:

I LOVE pizza express! It's the only place that do pizza thin enough for me to eat a whole one! And as for dough balls and garlic butter....... :thumbs:

I actually agree with Lexx on this one, Pizza Express not great........Prezzo's is an alternative, far superior and also available on the Clubcard scheme :thumbs: Recently took the family, 18 in total out for dinner and treated them all.....all paid for on clubcard vouchers :teeth:

It's a farce, you get 1 point for every £2 on petrol. I'd rather go to Asda or Morrisons which are a minute further down the road and about 2p a litre cheaper. That said, I have to go Tesco for the 99 and the staff are nicer. I have a clubcard but it's on the girlfriends account so I rarely see the results of the points, I just notice one week there's a 1000 points on the receipt and the next it 's gone down to 100 odd.