Whats the rules on cherished plates on retention?

Keviswatt

Looking for some advice as i amdrawing a blank online

I have let the retention on my private plate run out, anyone know if that means i have lost it or is there anything that can be done to get it back, its 7 months over the retention period!

The wife will kill me if i've lost it as it wasn't cheap

Cheers

Kev

I let mine go by over a year, and had lost all paperwork. i simply phoned up the DVLA, explained the situation and the nice lady told me to send them a cheque and a week later the paperwork turned up and i put my plate back on! call them, best thing you can do.

I let mine go by over a year, and had lost all paperwork. i simply phoned up the DVLA, explained the situation and the nice lady told me to send them a cheque and a week later the paperwork turned up and i put my plate back on! call them, best thing you can do.

Cheers

My mates found loads of links sayiing you can backdate the fees and get the plate back ...going to DVLA office tomorrow

They are usually quite relaxed about this Kev and I would not expect you to have any great issues :thumbs:

Good luck tomorrow mate :thumbs:

Cheers Alex

Glad to be reading positives regarding this ...i may have been getting divorced otherwise !

At least the Z's in my name !

K

I am completely in the dark here and never heard of this before :doh: I bought my Zed in May this year it had a non standard plate on it, do I need to pay yearly to keep it on the car?

Apologies if this sounds dumb but suddenly I am panicking a bit here.

OK, so you have to pay every year to hold the plate? How much does that cost?

I am completely in the dark here and never heard of this before :doh: I bought my Zed in May this year it had a non standard plate on it, do I need to pay yearly to keep it on the car?

Apologies if this sounds dumb but suddenly I am panicking a bit here.

It's £25 per year, but only if it's not on a vehicle.