Anti-intruder function?

Storm White

Hello,

I just wondered if there's any kind of auto door lock function on the 370?

My Megane had RAID (Renault anti-intruder device) where, if activated, it would lock all the doors and boot as soon as the car went above 10 MPH.

I can't find any mention of anything similar on the 370, just the manual button on the driver's door..

By the way, I LOVE this car! I will post pictures at some point, but suffice to say, it's AWESOME. I'm still learning what all the knobs and buttons do lol

Oh brilliant, I'll have a look, thank you.

EDIT: found it, just what I was looking for!

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=43472&hilit=lock

The whole locking system is confusing the hell out of me, I've never had keyless entry before.. I don't know whether I'm supposed to lock it with the door button or just walk off and it locks itself or what!

I've been reading the manual a LOT since Saturday, haven't even started trying to tackle the satnav instructions yet!

I have also taken my first call on the Bluetooth and was impressed at the quality.

The car is just awesome, I love it more every day - the looks, the noise! :teeth:

Its not a proximity system so you still have to physically press the button on the door or keyfob to lock or unlock. Just means you can have the key in you pocket and just use the door button. Please dont just walk off from it as it wont be locked :headhurt:

I had a'lot of fun trying to lock the car on the day I picked it up. I'd forgotten that the spare key the dealership had given me, had gone in the pocket of my jacket, which I leave in the car, and every time I tried to lock the car, it would bleep at me in refusal. :lol:

I was close to calling the dealership before I realised what had happened. :bangin::wacko::headhurt:

I had a'lot of fun trying to lock the car on the day I picked it up. I'd forgotten that the spare key the dealership had given me, had gone in the pocket of my jacket, which I leave in the car, and every time I tried to lock the car, it would bleep at me in refusal. :lol:

I was close to calling the dealership before I realised what had happened. :bangin::wacko::headhurt:

Been there, done that :blush: The missus likes to take the spare key if we go anywhere and then usually leaves her handbag (with spare key) in the car - was very confusing the first time it happened as we were on the Wales run and the car was one day old! Thought it was broken already :doh:

Reminds me of my embarrasment the day I picked mine up - of course the 370 needed petrol so drove into the station next door and looked for the petrol flap release presuming it would be like the two 350's I had before - could I find it...... :angry: . Then in drove the salesman and I asked sheepishly where the release was hidden. At which point he pressed the flap - hey ho :blush::doh:

Colin - tsk tsk, a man of your experience should have known to try that :lol: Took me about a minute to give it a go after searching for a release. Amanda had the same problem in one of the hire cars she had - no obvious release in the cabin, tried to push and pull the flap - nothing. Phoned the car place and there is a tiny release (like the internal boot release in the 350z) hidden under the seat! :doh:

Reminds me of my embarrassment the day I picked mine up - of course the 370 needed petrol so drove into the station next door and looked for the petrol flap release presuming it would be like the two 350's I had before - could I find it...... :angry: . Then in drove the salesman and I asked sheepishly where the release was hidden. At which point he pressed the flap - hey ho :blush::doh:

Lol, that got me too for a second (with no manual in the car), the first time I drove a 370 and had to go an put some fuel in tank. Looked for the button, then thought to myself, lets see if there's a release on the flap. Much to the amusement of my co-pilot as we were heading off to do a rally. :lol:

It was only very recently that I realised (well, was told) that on the dash of 99% of cars the little arrow next to the fuel light points to the side the flap is: Prior to this amazing bit of knowledge I'd routinely get out of different cars to check which side it was :blush:

It was only very recently that I realised (well, was told) that on the dash of 99% of cars the little arrow next to the fuel light points to the side the flap is: Prior to this amazing bit of knowledge I'd routinely get out of different cars to check which side it was :blush:

Haha I never noticed that before!

Good spot!

Its not a proximity system so you still have to physically press the button on the door or keyfob to lock or unlock. Just means you can have the key in you pocket and just use the door button. Please dont just walk off from it as it wont be locked :headhurt:

Don't worry, I haven't done that, I just wondered!

Had a go at turning the auto-lock thing on and couldn't do it, so I've left it to the dealer to have a go while it's serviced.

unfortunately - that little nugget isn't quite true - the manufacturers haven't all "signed" up to it and many don't follow this so obvious good idea

Reminds me of my embarrassment the day I picked mine up - of course the 370 needed petrol so drove into the station next door and looked for the petrol flap release presuming it would be like the two 350's I had before - could I find it...... :angry: . Then in drove the salesman and I asked sheepishly where the release was hidden. At which point he pressed the flap - hey ho :blush::doh:

Lol, that got me too for a second (with no manual in the car), the first time I drove a 370 and had to go an put some fuel in tank. Looked for the button, then thought to myself, lets see if there's a release on the flap. Much to the amusement of my co-pilot as we were heading off to do a rally. :lol:

I got caught like this in a mercedes I had - I spent 10minutes walking around the car in the petrol station until someone took pity on me and just pressed the fuel filler cover :surrender::bangin:

I got caught like this in a mercedes I had - I spent 10minutes walking around the car in the petrol station until someone took pity on me and just pressed the fuel filler cover :surrender::bangin:

You should try a MB Viano!

They might have changed now as the 2011 car is out now, but the first time I tried to get in to the fuel replenishment area, I nearly ripped off all the surrounding trim in a fit of rage, before someone pointed out you had to open the passenger door first!?!

Who thinks this s4!t up? :lol:

Well, I've tried, and just can't get it to work.

Mine's a 59 plate so maybe it only works on the later models.

I've tried it with the ignition set to ON and holding down the lock button - and nothing.

The dealer couldn't get it to work either.

Oh well.

Dealer can do it in Consult, should be a few button clicks. If they dont understand that - time to get a new dealer ;)

Dont think there were any changes that I know of around that part of the car between MY09 and MY10.

When you say IGN on, you are pressing the button twice yeah? Not holding it down so the engine starts? Should be IGN on but engine not running (press button twice). I cant remember if the button you press is the button on the doorcard or the keyfob, I'll check this out later, but I'm pretty sure its the one on the doorcard/door :blush:

Yep, pressed twice - not to ACC, but ON, not with the engine running. Nothing happens when I hold down the door button...

Unfortunately West Way in Southampton are the only main dealer for miles around...

My next concern is saving up for tyres. Dealer quoted me £400 a corner for Potenzas, I nearly fell over. NO way am I paying that!

Unfortunately West Way in Southampton are the only main dealer for miles around...

My next concern is saving up for tyres. Dealer quoted me £400 a corner for Potenzas, I nearly fell over. NO way am I paying that!

Might be worth trying these as they are fairly local to you:

http://www.micheldever.co.uk/car_tyres.html

Afraid dealer prices, with a few exceptions like the one in Middlesborough, are often telphone numbers....

Let us know how you get on with tyre pricing ;)