Protecting alloy wheels?

atchi123

might have to resort to using wonder wheels if its well baked. After that clean wheels weekly and the problem won't arise again

I clean my car every 2-3 weeks (sorry dudes, i really have other/better stuff to do than to wash my car every sunday when it is p*ssing rain here :p ) and it still happens on my wheels :rant:

might have to resort to using wonder wheels if its well baked. After that clean wheels weekly and the problem won't arise again

I clean my car every 2-3 weeks (sorry dudes, i really have other/better stuff to do than to wash my car every sunday when it is p*ssing rain here :p ) and it still happens on my wheels :rant:

Then you are doing it wrong ;)

Get some elbow into and scrub, it doesnt come off easily

I'd certainly hope so given what they charge. It's a bit stupid putting their name to them if they are going to produce sh1t quality items though. I'd never heard of them before got the Zed and it's clearly got me thinking....

:

that's because you weren't into jap cars before the Z ;)

You need to use wheel wax like i do. Dirt and brake dust then sits on the wax not the rim meaning cleaning is soooo easy :thumbs:

You need to use wheel wax like i do. Dirt and brake dust then sits on the wax not the rim meaning cleaning is soooo easy :thumbs:

How often do you apply it?

How often do you apply it?

Everytime I clean the car. Its some pink Poorboys stuff I think.....

Well dunno, but can anyone tell me what product to use to remove those black 'chunks' of brakedust that you get on your alloys? They really seem "baked" on the wheel, black bits of a few mm² in size, and you cannot remove them by just washing them with soap :headhurt:
That would be one of the two a year times you use wonderwheels. Just make sure you wash it all off really really well as you dont want acid on your wheels, eating away at them. :D

I'd use AutoGlym Tar remover in very very small quantity, gets it off in seconds and is designed for paintwork so fine for wheel lacquer.

Then lots of water to remove the rest and to remove the product from the wheel. Always wipe clean with a DRY cloth, as that absrobs the product rather than a damp one just spreading it......

AutoGlym also do a Wheel Protector spray that is great for giving an extra shine and brake dust finds it a darn sight harder to stick to it. :)

If you have lots of stubbon tar on your wheels try....

Spray with AG Tar Remover

Try scraping it off using blunt things like old credit cards

Try using some Clar Bay to remove any bits of tar

Try letting some Meg Wheel Brightner sit on them for 5 minutes (Diluted 4:1 to start with. If that does not work try it 1:1)

If that does not work then I would just live with it or try it a few times to soften it up