Sticker Number plates.............?

manphibian

ianphampton - It makes illustration pics so much better when you have an invisible friend to hold the tools :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Good one! Made me chuckle.....where did you find your friend by the way, could with one of those myself?

Thanks Ian; probably get this done at the weekend then......I think even I could manage this! I take it you then just stuck the original plate back on over those holes and plugs as has been mentioned, or did you have the holes filled?

IMG_0233.jpg

TBH, I dont like it at all, but the stupid Chargespeed bumper means there arent many other options. :dry:

I actually got pulled before I was running it (had it in the car ready to go on) and John Law told me that despite it not being 100% legal (no BS mark or address) he wouldnt fine me for it as he could read the letters. Still fined me for not displaying tax though the bastard. :lol:

I was going to go for the sticker plate, but looking at the normal plate stuck straight on the bumper, maybe that option would be better.

Didnt realise the sticker plates were illegal as ive used them on caravans, trailers and cars for years. The lettering / spacing is the same, but maybe its to do with the reflective background (or lack of).

Didnt realise the sticker plates were illegal as ive used them on caravans, trailers and cars for years. The lettering / spacing is the same, but maybe its to do with the reflective background (or lack of).

Read on Craigsplates that the material, reflectiveness, spacing etc are all fully legal, just its not allowed as you used to be able to buy kits to make your own. They just wont rubber stamp vinyl plates even though they meet all the required standards :thumbdown:

Invisible Helper! They are the ones who - move my spanners every time I put them down (Where's that socket gone now . . . . ) and then they cross thread all the bolts. . . .

Actually, it's just - new Pozi Screwdriver grips in the screw head.

And - the pictures were taken as part of my swapping my JDM plate for a UK one, but the fitting is the same. Once swapped, just glued new plate on - in the final picture you can see the backing tape rolled up on the floor!

post-5330-135011910014_thumb.jpg

JDM plate was held on with 2 x M6 Screws

post-5330-135011910028_thumb.jpg

Invisible Helper again - but it's just the new pozi Driver in the M5 screw again. The No plate mount is fastened to the bumper with 2 x M5 Screws

post-5330-135011910035_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

is there nothing stopping one from removing the black plastic mount and then refixing the plate with the original screws in the holes or does it not line up/not a secure fit etc?? Is the velcro essential?