Debadging a 118d

slimjim

A neat little trick is boil some water, it wont damage the paint and really softens up the adhesive.

You will need to finish it up as well, a little white spirit wiped on and off will loosen up any remaining stubborn bits, and have some polish ready to finish it as it will still likely have a vague outline of the badge.

hot water bottle on there for a while i've been told is awesome for removing it.

Does she want to hide the fact she should have got the 120d?

Great tip..

Actually, after the chip, it is actually quicker than the 120d ;)

Try a Kango?!

Seriously tho, these are well easy to do. dental floss to cut the batches off, then hairdryer or hot air gun (gently!) to soften up the adhesive. Scrape it off gently with your finger nails so you dont damage the paint. You`ll likely have to use some white spirit or petrol to get any sticky ness off. Then a nice polish will clean it all up. :)

Never saw the point in debadging. It just makes it look like you're trying to hide what it is when everyone will know what it is :shrug:

I debadged previous cars not to hide the engine size or the like but because it does just look better, cleaner and neater. Why have a garish bit of tacky chrome plastered onto the back of the car when I have swapped out the nissan burgers for black Zs? I did have a black '350z' on the back also but it seemed over the top having that many Zs on the car.

Back of my debadged Astra I had last year, a massive improvement on what Vauxhall owners called the 'dinner plate' on the back...

Back2Small.jpg

I do read that a lot of people think debadging is done for the purpose of hiding a vehicles engine size etc but this is wrong. Most people I know who have done this do it for the styling aspect, you get a few people who do it to hide the cars true identity but it is a styling issue in most cases.

Back of my debadged Astra I had last year, a massive improvement on what Vauxhall owners called the 'dinner plate' on the back...

Back2Small.jpg

I do read that a lot of people think debadging is done for the purpose of hiding a vehicles engine size etc but this is wrong. Most people I know who have done this do it for the styling aspect, you get a few people who do it to hide the cars true identity but it is a styling issue in most cases.

I have to agree that is a lot better, point taken :)

I actually had a little google on this, and found a guy that took the T off of his 1.6 turbo A3, just to surprise a few people by leaving just the 1.6 on there. Interesting that some people debadge a car to make it look slower than it actually is :)