Nismos in the UK - how many ???

ewan221

Doesn't really say much more other than only 20 were produced each month. There is a site posted somewhere on here that's now slipped my memory that had details of every car taxed in the U.K for every year since 2001 and I saw no mention of any Nismo S-Tune ever being registered in The U.K, so its possible that the one brought here by Nissan was never actually registered and it may no longer be here??

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2 ... une-GT.htm

Pete

lots of nismo parts and cars with nismo parts fitted as optional extras etc, but i think that nismo only built a few actual full nismo cars.

and i think like what has been said above we're talking single digits with regards to them being in the UK.

What Nismo version are we talking about here?

That one above is a Nissan GB press car, I was ahead of it on the Z Club parade lap. Is it an official Nismo car? I thought it was just a Nismo kitted car, although it does have Nismo seats. I only know of one V3 Nismo in the country, but that doesnt mean there arent more either. They could likely be registered just as 350z on any official documentation.

zedfest_2.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

What Nismo version are we talking about here?

That one above is a Nissan GB press car, I was ahead of it on the Z Club parade lap. Is it an official Nismo car? I thought it was just a Nismo kitted car, although it does have Nismo seats. I only know of one V3 Nismo in the country, but that doesnt mean there arent more either. They could likely be registered just as 350z on any official documentation.

Assumming we mean the same V3 Nismo car, I thought the guy who brought it in had loads of issues getting it registered because there was no model report for it? Sure it ended up costing him a fortune to get it road legal :shrug:

Assumming we mean the same V3 Nismo car, I thought the guy who brought it in had loads of issues getting it registered because there was no model report for it? Sure it ended up costing him a fortune to get it road legal :shrug:

Thats a fair point I had forgotten about that. Wonder what it says on his V5 as the model. I assume he ended up coughing up for the model report then as I'm sure I've seen pics of it on the road :shrug:

The one that I posted pics of above I'm sure will just be registered as a FairladyZ and not a Nismo version

Here's a pic of an LHD version, the paintwork looks to be the same but the front bumper is different, however this one is an earlier version from 2004.

2004-nissan-350z-s-tune_460x0w.jpg

Pete

but those are all nismo options from the dealer, coul djust be a car spec'd up with all nismo dealership extras.

the nismo built ones had extra nismo suspension; geo parts, and i think the engine had been played with inc the ECU

Is that not just a normal 350z with a Nismo kit on it though? I forget the versions now, but I dont think that is an actual "Nismo" version, rather a normal car with the Nismo kit.

The white one above is the NISMO 350z S-Tune which is a proper NISMO produced car with uprated engine and handling parts - but I bet NMGB brought it in as a standard car so they didnt have to pay for a model report.

The silver one was described as a 350Z S-Tune GT, but unless you can see the plaque inside it then yeah, it could just be a copy. I have a feeling that the version that was very difficult to import into The U.K was in fact the NISMO Type 380RS, I recall a post about this some time ago. I'll see if I can find it :thumbs:

Here it is :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38669&hilit=380rs

Pete