is a 2007 313 model worth £1000 more than 2007 300

wesmin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more info now on the 2 cars, The 313 is Black and apparently a special nismo edition with 19" alloys a nismo exhaust and it has nismo badge on the front and on the back of the car. Maybe someone can throw some more light on this. The 300 is completely standard and in Universal Silver, both have exact same milage.

No such thing as a "nismo edition". Well, there is, but it wont be the car you are talking about.

The garage/seller will just be telling you it has a Nismo exhaust (quite rare now), and the LMGT4 alloys (again, rare).

No such colour as Universal Silver - It's Blade Silver. :thumbs:

You got the links for the adverts?

No such colour as Universal Silver - It's Blade Silver. :thumbs:

Yes there is ;)

For me this is a complete no brainer.

MY07 car with extra bhp, stronger residuals, black, Nismo zorst (£1k+), Nismo wheels (£1500 +/-)

or

MY06 bog standard in a rubbish colour and poorer residuals.

To me, based on the two cars, £1k is not a big enough difference, either the MY06 is overpriced or the black one is underpriced.

Like I said in my last post though, he will be paying higher tax (about £460 now) for a car that doesn't have what the 313 has. In my opinion, I would walk away and get either an older one or a newer one with all the bells and whistles. If it does have proper Nismo wheels & exhaust it may be worth it but I would still rather the MY07 :teeth:.

NOS - Nitros Oxide. Its basically a volotile gas injected into your cylinders. More Bang = More Zoom. Kinda like a "Boost" button in arcade games.

FI = Forced Induction. Turbo's or Superchargers.

:lol: nice short summize of NOS. Like it :thumbs:

As far as I know NOS isn't volatile, it just reacts to heat and releases oxygen in abundance whilst inside the cylinders.

Wiki extract:

Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas or sweet air,[1] is a chemical compound with the formula N2O. It is an oxide of nitrogen. At room temperature, it is a colorless non-flammable gas, with a slightly sweet odor and taste. It is used in surgery and dentistry for its anesthetic and analgesic effects. It is known as "laughing gas" due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it, a property that has led to its recreational use as a dissociative anesthetic. It is also used as an oxidizer in rocketry and in motor racing to increase the power output of engines. At elevated temperatures, nitrous oxide is a powerful oxidizer similar to molecular oxygen.

Yes I drove the silver one and thought it pulled away a lot steadier in second gear than the Black one but it didnt have the same roar, I actually preferred driving the silver 300 even when I thought the Black one was a 313.

I don't think that is the case. Most people don't speak about it.

I expect they don't want to devalue their pride and joy.

The issue is crap piston rings and scrapers on the revup engines.

The only fix is to replace the rings and scrapers.

Mine is using a lot of oil at the moment, so I'm replacing it with an HR engine.

There are reports in the U.S. that there are issues with HR rings as well.

I don't think that is the case. Most people don't speak about it.

I expect they don't want to devalue their pride and joy.

The issue is crap piston rings and scrapers on the revup engines.

The only fix is to replace the rings and scrapers.

Mine is using a lot of oil at the moment, so I'm replacing it with an HR engine.

There are reports in the U.S. that there are issues with HR rings as well.

have you actually bought the hr engine yet. It will be interesting to see how it works out with the changeover as i was planning on fitting an hr and going twin turbo but got advised there was some issues with wiring looms

If the silver one has 18 inch wheels it will drive and feel better. Esp if it's the ultra light forged rays. I would go for the black one for a K...

But don't be fooled it will be anything like a HR. I ve driven both loads....no comparison whatsoever! Better torque curve, more flexible engine, higher rev limiter and 10 more bhp. May not sound much but it is! Plus loads of other things like an aluminium rear subframe etc etc.

If you can't stretch to a HR that black one looks lovely. :)

Both exhaust and alloys are popular and sought after and the only better colour than kuro black is midnight blue :teeth: