My first mod......

manphibian

Yes, too many people get caught up chasing 1bhp or something unnoticeable from an 06 airbox when you can lose 2bhp by fitting a popcharger and suddenly the car seems so much better. :)

Yeah, it was massively hot today, and there was no noticeable drop in power, like you say, the noise makes it feel +100 BHP :D Every Zed should have one of these :)

I just did the opposite today and replaced my pop charger with the original airbox (+ rtbiscsuit's velocity stack mod) :)

The pop charger was one of my first mods and while the noise is nice, the car feels much better with the airbox back on. I found that with the pop charger on there was always a slight delay in power when accelerating. Anyway i've got HFC's to provide the noise now :)

Why is it called a pop charger and not just an induction kit like it is for every other car? Looks and sounds good though

Not sure.. Just a name :)

It's a great price for what you get compared to induction kits i've bought for other cars. Cost me around £100 delivered from the states after the VAT and parcel force's wanky charges :dry:

It really does sound amazing, the turd iphone video doesn't do it any justice :lol:

I'm delighted with it. It's been really hot last couple of days, and i've not seen any noticeable drop in performance at all, so it can only get better :)

Ah ok, cheers for the heads up. There was me saying I wouldnt mod my car at all... gahhh! New wheels fitted tomos and already thinking of the next thing :bang:

The JWT does seem to a very recommeneded mod. Best I start looking for one!

Steve.

Quick question. After fitting my pop charger, I couldn't find a way of securing the black wire with the plastic ridged outer casing that runs behind the filter to the back of the filter so I've left it unsecured. There is a plastic clip on this wire which is supposedly meant to clip onto the filter somehow. Anyone know how its done?

Thanks,

Hassan

• 3 weeks later...
Why is it called a pop charger and not just an induction kit like it is for every other car? Looks and sounds good though

Its Yank for CAI.

I think they need to change it then. That pop charger looks much more like a WAI than a CAI to me. A CAI should have the air coming from outside the engine bay. and a cold air feed doesn't cut it either.

You won't regret it!

Got mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Arrived in a little under a week. VAT and Parcel force charges came to around £20. So about £120 all together :)

Not quite sure how I missed this but many thanks for the link :thumbs: Just need to set up a paypal account now!

Still enjoying it then maphibian?

Steve.

You won't regret it!

Got mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Arrived in a little under a week. VAT and Parcel force charges came to around £20. So about £120 all together :)

Not quite sure how I missed this but many thanks for the link :thumbs: Just need to set up a paypal account now!

Still enjoying it then maphibian?

Steve.

Ohhhhh yes :)

It's relatively subtle, sounds meaty, but not intrusive at all with normal driving, until you fully get on the beans, when it sounds like an exploding lion :yahoo:

Fitted mine yesterday, took around 20 mins to do. When I.initially started it up after.fitting I was a bit dissapointed as I thought it would give the car a nicer burble on idle.... But it all made sense when I took it for a drive my. My god it sounds violent, especially at 5k rpm ...... I love it!