Removing calipers to paint

ZedMeister

I want to paint my calipers silver to match with my Blade Silver chasis, so few questions.

- Would it be recommended to remove the calipers completely and do it?

- If so, is it easy to do as I don't have mch experience in dealing with brakes and obviously they are a pivotal component of the car which I don't want to mess up! (I could only find guides for changing pads).

- Finally, long shot, is there any way of keeping the Brembo writing or would that have to be lost with a new paint job?

I want to paint my calipers silver to match with my Blade Silver chasis, so few questions.

- If so, is it easy to do as I don't have mch experience in dealing with brakes and obviously they are a pivotal component of the car which I don't want to mess up! (I could only find guides for changing pads).

- Finally, long shot, is there any way of keeping the Brembo writing or would that have to be lost with a new paint job?

imo silver calipers look horrible, looks like ones crappy cars come with. are you sure you want silver? Plus IMO if you could get away with powder coating it you would be better doing that :thumbs:

Removing the brakes would be best to get a good finish as it would need to be cleaned out.

You can keep the brembo writing, you will just need to put some tape on the writing and peel off when paint is dry.

Are you sure with the colour silver though?

Removing the brakes would be best to get a good finish as it would need to be cleaned out.

You can keep the brembo writing, you will just need to put some tape on the writing and peel off when paint is dry.

Surely it'd be mighty tricky to cover those tiny letters without hiding other parts of the calipers?

Or am I missing something?

Surely it'd be mighty tricky to cover those tiny letters without hiding other parts of the calipers?

...uuummm get a new brembo sticker...?

clear tape and then use a sharp knife and cut around the letters. :thumbs:

Errrm yeah exactly what I was thinking. :lol: You can get the brembo decals on eBay in just about any colour you like mate - members on here can make them too. Calliper off, cover pistons etc, paint, apply stickers, calliper on and jobs a good un. Some members have may recommend that you strip the calipers down, paint with a thermal paint, replace seals etc but my painter did them and just covered them with tape. Haven't had any problems and I am just about 3 years down the line with them.

DSCF0015.jpg

Had no idea! :teeth:

imo silver calipers look horrible, looks like ones crappy cars come with. are you sure you want silver? Plus IMO if you could get away with powder coating it you would be better doing that :thumbs:

Eeeek - each to their own but I'm with Dblock on this one - not Silver mate.........they'll blend in too much - silver car, discs, wheels calipers..............go lime green :teeth:

Eeeek - each to their own but I'm with Dblock on this one - not Silver mate.........they'll blend in too much - silver car, discs, wheels calipers..............go lime green :teeth:

Or yellow with black decals B)

Errrm yeah exactly what I was thinking. :lol: You can get the brembo decals on eBay in just about any colour you like mate - members on here can make them too. Calliper off, cover pistons etc, paint, apply stickers, calliper on and jobs a good un. Some members have may recommend that you strip the calipers down, paint with a thermal paint, replace seals etc but my painter did them and just covered them with tape. Haven't had any problems and I am just about 3 years down the line with them.

DSCF0015.jpg

Those look awesome. I wanted red on my midnight blue car as the orangey colour isn't too great. Blue/red go well together and then I can get a red Tommy K badge for the back B). I may have to look into doing this too now I've seen someone else do it... :teeth: Is that the same red that Brembo use for their red callipers? How long did your painter take to get them back to you (powder coated?).