Which oil

lukeaJones

preferably fully synth

popular choices

amsoil

fuchs

my favourite was royal purple, but its not easy to get hold of.

other options are

mobil and castrol but aren't popular choices. mobil apparently is not as good as it used to be.

preferably fully synth

popular choices

amsoil

fuchs

other options are

mobil and castrol but aren't popular choices. mobil apparently is not as good as it used to be.

i'm using mobil just now and its lasting alot longer than castrol edge.

Burning about 100ml less between top ups in comparison to edge

i don't really care to be honest, just going on common knowledge, and what i would and wouldn't put in the zed,

not saying mobil is sh1te, just saying its not as good as it used to be.

as for the castrol, i did say a while back that castrol has its issues, and i wouldn't put it in the zed, it can go extremely thin. and has to be watched carefully.

i don't really care to be honest, just going on common knowledge, and what i would and wouldn't put in the zed,

not saying mobil is sh1te, just saying its not as good as it used to be.

as for the castrol, i did say a while back that castrol has its issues, and i wouldn't put it in the zed, it can go extremely thin. and has to be watched carefully.

yep sorry if i came across like i was debating. I was just suprised as i also heard the mobil stuff was shite and that castrol edge was brilliant

I had a quick search but I don't think I'm very good at it lol. Can someone inform me on which oil I should top my 54 plate zed up with. The last change was done by Nissan in jan when I bought it

Luke

In Jan? How many miles have you covered since then? 10k interval isn't it?

preferably fully synth

popular choices

amsoil

fuchs

other options are

I expect there is an easy answer to this but why are using mobil and not motul that you advertise on your car :wacko:

BTW, I have used Motul in my ZEDs ;)

preferably fully synth

popular choices

amsoil

fuchs

other options are

I expect there is an easy answer to this but why are using mobil and not motul that you advertise on your car :wacko:

BTW, I have used Motul in my ZEDs ;)

Im using motul brake fluids :#1:

i use lots of oil so whatevers laying around at the time goes in. Mobil 1 was 50quid for 5 litres in shops, i got it for 13.50

Millers XSS 5w 30 from OPIE. Cracking deal was had with forum discount combined with an offer :thumbs:

+1 on this.

i did the same thing and can say that there is prob no better deal out there at the moment. Even got an extra litre free for topping up!

:thumbs:

I had a quick search but I don't think I'm very good at it lol. Can someone inform me on which oil I should top my 54 plate zed up with. The last change was done by Nissan in jan when I bought it

Luke

In Jan? How many miles have you covered since then? 10k interval isn't it?

Lol how many miles do you do lol that's only 6 months. Iv done about 5k since I got her, not really dropped much. will be changing before I go the berg in October.

I'm going to buy a 1l bottle just to top us as the car has used a small amount since I got it.

Castrol Edge is £17 but Magnatec is roughly a £1billion pounds cheaper and I always thought the Magnatec was good stuff. I would rather pay more for better oil but is it better?

I'm probably going to buy the expensive stuff anyway just for piece of mind :blush: but opinions would be good. Is it all just personal preference?

I'm going to buy a 1l bottle just to top us as the car has used a small amount since I got it.

Castrol Edge is £17 but Magnatec is roughly a £1billion pounds cheaper and I always thought the Magnatec was good stuff. I would rather pay more for better oil but is it better?

I'm probably going to buy the expensive stuff anyway just for piece of mind :blush: but opinions would be good. Is it all just personal preference?

i have 2 bottles of magnatec 5w30 fully synth for sale, 2 bottles delivered for 42 quid delivered to your door... in for sale section under bits and bobs

I would rather know if it's good enough before considering any deals!

to be honest... its all down to thoughts as theres not really much factual evidence to say what is and what isnt good oil. As alex said any reputable manufacturer will be fine. Unless your tracking your car or reaming the hole out it then i would waste too much money on fancy oil. I use a mixture of oils as oil is changed almost monthly. castrol edge and mobil 1 are my most recent experiences