Body coloured front bit on 370z

Fred020

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 370z and have identified a couple of cars. On one of them, the very front bit under the number plate is black, not body coloured. What does that signify ? On all the others I have seen that bit is the same colour as the body. The car is a 2010 white GT coupe.

Jim

Thanks for that, especially the photos. I will have to query it with the dealer, as I prefer an unmodified car.

If its just a wrap then it will come off with a heat gun or hairdryer. Going by the stone chips on my front end, you'll be better off with one thats had a wrap!

Better still to ask the dealer to remove the wrap, inspect it and then buy or not. In this case though, the blackening has been done with paint. The dealer offered to paint it white again, but it's an expensive 3 stage process and I would have to bear some of the cost. Either way, I no longer have much of an interest. I don't like the mod, and I don't want to pay extra to have a car that has been messed around with. Bummer.

Both front and back wrapped like Colin has done make the car look so much better, first thing I'd do if I got a 370 :thumbs:

Unless it's black, then it might be the most pointless mod ever :p

You could have a white wrap, or even red to match your calipers :teeth:

Both front and back wrapped like Colin has done make the car look so much better, first thing I'd do if I got a 370 :thumbs:

Unless it's black, then it might be the most pointless mod ever :p

You could have a white wrap, or even red to match your calipers :teeth:

That's bordering on batmobile look with the red :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think I nearly bought this car, then noticed the black bits. The dealer offered to respray it white for a fee, but I declined. Shame someone's done that to it as it's a lovely car. Would have snapped it up if it was standard. It also explains why it's still for sale.