In with the new....

sk3lph

Picked up the new zed roadster today and traded in my FTO. Took the following picture just before I went into the dealership to do the deed. My old FTO is obviously on the right and my new zed is on the left -

IMG_0143.jpg

I did feel a little sad as I've had the FTO for 9 years, however the drive home in the zed was sublime - such an addictive driving experience, even tho it was raining and I had to keep the roof up, it was fantastic. It dried up in the afternoon and I took it round some friends to show it off and had the roof down - had a massive grin on my face the whole time.

Now I've got it there are a few things I'd like to sort out -

• Need floor mats as it hasn't got any

• Scratches on drivers door handle couldn't be sorted by dealership although I see its possible to get a carbon fibre cover for this.

• New stereo as I want to use it with the ipod

The first one should be easy, the others will take a bit longer to sort out (once the bank balance has recovered a bit).

Anyway, I'm addicted - tremendous fun car.

B)

- Bose stereo can be hacked for IPoo'd

- Handles resprayed Black

How much did you get for the FTO if you don't mind my asking........loving looking motor - seems a shame to let some garage give you 5 quid for it and bang it to auction - hope you beat a good price out of them

B)

- Bose stereo can be hacked for IPoo'd

- Handles resprayed Black

How much did you get for the FTO if you don't mind my asking........loving looking motor - seems a shame to let some garage give you 5 quid for it and bang it to auction - hope you beat a good price out of them

I got £1000 for the FTO, which I think is fair - I hope they find a good owner for it who will look after it - I hate to think that it'll go to someone that isn't going to give it TLC - I'm hoping its looks will attract the right buyer.

That FTO is really nice, how does it compare?

Zed looks good too, I keep thinking I should of looked at convertibles too.

The FTO made a great sound due to a cat bypass pipe and it had coilovers so the ride was harsh but handling really good - I actually think my FTO was a better looking car than the zed, especially with the Veilside bodykit.

In terms of performance though the zed is way better, the ride is better and the noise it makes when you accelarate with the roof down is superb - in terms of the wow factor the zed has it over the FTO in spades.

£1000 for the FTO seems criminal when you see the state of other run of the mill, neglected 2nd hand fodder selling for the same price.

I hope zeds NEVER fall to that price point :surrender:

Glad you like the zed........must bring a little consolation for your FTO loss :wave:

Cant believe you let the FTO go for £1k!

I'd of bought it for that price lol

Yeah, I suspect if I'd have been more patient I'd of been able to get a few hundred more for it if I'd held on for longer and tried selling it myself. Looking around at what other FTO's are going for and the fact I negotiated money off the price of the zed too clinched it for me.

Judging from the comments in this thread almost makes me feel like going back to the dealer and saying that there's been a terrible mistake :scare:

Interesting that that there are a few ex and current FTO owners here and it's not just me that has gone down this route.

OK - first on the list is some decent looking floor mats - advice and recommendations welcome.