project; nismo bumper bodge up

350 Russ

i bought a replica nismo kit for my zed about 18 months ago and ive always had reservations about the fit of it. i would like to try and make it fit myself rather than replacing it. heres a few photos of the front bumper im not happy with.

007-4.jpg

004-7.jpg

i had to pack up the top of the bumper to try to get a decent line where it fits on the bonnet.

001-5.jpg

002-8.jpg

which made it fit like this, still not perfect.

009-6.jpg

also a bit of damage that needs patching up

006-6.jpg

does anyone think its do-able to make it fit or should i scrap it and buy a new one.

That's not a good fit :thumbdown:

I would smelt it down and make a door stop....... then buy one that fits properly B)

If you do want to keep it and can patch up the damage on the lip, then take the reflectors out and replace with mesh. Looks like the fitting to the bonnet going to be more trouble than its worth :surrender:

if your going to say rik at P&P it would be wrong (not a bad guess though)

it was from gaz and sarah at the zed store when it was still running.

Aye, I was gonna say Rik.

Surprised that you got a poor fitting Shine Auto replica. They are normally pretty spot on.

The fitment of the reflectors area bothers you, I'd likely just look at getting a new bumper. That area would be a feck on to get right.

But if all you want is to repair the damage at the bottome, then do that yourself and keep it.

its not a shine replica, its their own one they was selling,

ive still got my old bumper so i might put that on for a while and give the nismo a go, if it goes wrong ill just have to buy another.

its not just the front bumper which doesnt ft though so it could get expensive if i have to replace. thats why im thinking of trying to make it all fit :headhurt:

All nismo bumpers use the old style reflectors.

You know what they say, buy cheap.. buy twice.

It's a Shame but it will cost less time and pain if you buy a decent replica. You could spend days on that and then have to give up

All nismo bumpers use the old style reflectors.

You know what they say, buy cheap.. buy twice.

It's a Shame but it will cost less time and pain if you buy a decent replica. You could spend days on that and then have to give up

ive got a rough idea about how to fix the reflectors but im still unsure about what to do about the bonnet line,

looking back i should have returned it and got my money back. not a single piece of it fits well. :thumbdown: