parking ticket from a PPC

mc

I got a parking charge this morning, from 'LDK' up in Hartlepool.

Couldn't get into the hotel car park so parked outside some offices across the road and paid £3 for 'all day'.

Unfortunately parking charges apply 24 hours a day, but the ticket was only valid until midnight.

I wasn't going to go out at 12:01am and buy another ticket, so I chanced it. And got a 'charge notice'.

I know the usual response for a charge notice from a PPC is to ignore it, but in this case I had actually bought a ticket, but there was no option to buy a ticket for 24 hours (or at least until 8am the following day, which I would have done)

What's people's opinions on this? I'm pretty sure the only way they can get money out of me is to take me to the small claims court for damages caused by loss of revenue from one parking space, which could only amount to £3.

yeah I read that thread,

but I'm wondering if there is a difference in that I had actually bought a ticket, so had I entered a 'contract'... or does it make no difference?

If the PPC can't charge me for parking with an expired ticket, then what is the point of me paying £3 for a ticket in the first place?

Can they prove it was you who bought a ticket? As in, do they have your name, address and CCTV or a contract with your signature on?

good point!

I shall save the hotel some toilet paper tonight :lol:

do you think I should park there every night until I have a huge collection of tickets? :#1:

or will they think I'm taking the pee...

Be careful or they might clamp it ;)

And then...........................you are f@@ked and will have to pay.

Thats how the swines got me and I only ended up with half back after I threatened them with legal action.

Mate of mine dismantles his shed car on the spot if they clamp him. The police were called once but can't do anything to stop him as he isn't damaging the clamp, they saw the amusing side of it I believe as he drove off after handing them the clamp back.

Don't think I'll risk the clamp, I have enough trouble removing all the seagull s**t every day, what is it with the seagulls up here? :dry:

Try living on the Marina mate - even more sh*te-hawks here!

Which hotel are you lucky enough to be staying in?

I'm in the Grand, its not too bad since they redecorated. Less than 2 quid a pint too :thumbs:

Aye, its much better now its a Best Western. And The Pearl Bar ain't too shabby I suppose.

Living on the Marina, means I prefer to have a pint on there - its only a 2 mins walk!

yeah it needed a refurb!

I wandered up the marina last week and went to the chinese, there were a few old american cars around that day.

And I noticed you have a few jellyfish in the marina

yeah it needed a refurb!

I wandered up the marina last week and went to the chinese, there were a few old american cars around that day.

And I noticed you have a few jellyfish in the marina

Lotus Garden.

Was Lionel in? (the dude in the pastel coloured suit?) His real name is David, but we all think he styles himself on Lionel Richie!

Marina is mostly full of jellyfish and some eels.

You work up here often? We'll have to try and arrange a NE meet for when you're around.

I didnt see lionel but i'd heard about him from the other lads who went there before!. I'm up here til a week on friday, but a meet would have to be after 7.30 :-)

Mate of mine dismantles his shed car on the spot if they clamp him. The police were called once but can't do anything to stop him as he isn't damaging the clamp, they saw the amusing side of it I believe as he drove off after handing them the clamp back.

:lol: Love it. If I was called to that I would be laughing my rear end off for the rest of the day.

I was issued a ticket in May. Their only record of my car was the registration. I knew they never had access to PNC or a car database as under make and model it had N/K (no Nissan badges on my car any more). I binned it and told the other 20 people in the car park to do the same.