Car Transformed for £2410 inc. fitting!

ScottyZ

Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust System + Berk High Flow Cats now fitted. All I can say is that all those doubts have been laid to rest and that I'm soooooooooooooo pleased by the results! I will post some pics once I've washed the car but first impressions are:

1. Throttle response vastly improved.

2. I now have a car with improved performance - the car not only feels quicker I'm sure it is quicker.

3. I no longer need music as the sound of this combo is just stunning.

4. Carbon Fiber Tips and in fact the whole exhaust are just superb quality and so much better to look at.

5. The harsh engine vibration at high revs appears to have gone.

Many thanks to Andy at CS and for that matter The G-Man for persuading me to have the cats fitted at the same time as the exhaust - it was the right decision. I was going to have just the exhaust fitted and then get the cats fitted later depending on how loud the exhaust on it's own would be(thinking of the neighbours). I will say on cold start up my neighbours will hear this exhaust as the note is very deep especially as it's started in the garage. I think keeping below 3000rpm will be key in not upsetting the neighbours when driving down my street!

Once again thanks to Andy at CS for fitting the combo - done with attention to detail and basically he just got on with it. I felt reassured that he would fit the system as though it was going on his own car. I feel all those hours of overtime at work to pay for this system have been worth it.

One question I've got is that should I get this set-up re-mapped. If so would it be OK to leave it a while or is there a chance that if left unmapped that any damage could be done with it running lean or rich?

Cheers,

Scotty

I nearly had the Berks off of you as I'm just down the road but couldn't make my mind up as usual!

Deffo getting some HFCs now and hopefully a remap if Admiral come up trumps. Should know in the next day or so but the HFCs will be getting bought and fitted!

I nearly had the Berks off of you as I'm just down the road but couldn't make my mind up as usual!

Deffo getting some HFCs now and hopefully a remap if Admiral come up trumps. Should know in the next day or so but the HFCs will be getting bought and fitted!

Are you getting or have you already a cat-back exhaust?

Leaving as it is will not do any damage Scotty, however an Uprev will transform the car even further.

Make sure all your upgrades are done before the Uprev so that you get the full benefits. :thumbs:

+1 to this. I had Stillen exhaust and intakes before my UpRev and it was still running really rich, so you'll be fine. For comparison I've heard a stock car is about 270WHP, w/Stillen exhuast 290WHP, w/Stillen exhaust + intake 300WHP and w/Stillen exhaust + intake + remap 310WHP (Colin also got 310WHP with Stillen exhaust and remap). So remap definately worth it but you'll have a good chunck of new power without it :thumbs:

Are you getting or have you already a cat-back exhaust?

Yep catback fitted HKS Hi Power Ti (true dual), nice and rumbly now but the HFCs should take it to a new level I hope.

All these HFC threads have pushed me over the edge!

It would be nice to get the remap done at the same time though.

Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust System + Berk High Flow Cats now fitted. All I can say is that all those doubts have been laid to rest and that I'm soooooooooooooo pleased by the results! I will post some pics once I've washed the car but first impressions are:

2. I now have a car with improved performance - the car not only feels quicker I'm sure it is quicker.

4. Carbon Fiber Tips and in fact the whole exhaust are just superb quality and so much better to look at.

Many thanks to Andy at CS and for that matter The G-Man for persuading me to have the cats fitted at the same time as the exhaust - it was the right decision. I was going to have just the exhaust fitted and then get the cats fitted later depending on how loud the exhaust on it's own would be(thinking of the neighbours). I will say on cold start up my neighbours will hear this exhaust as the note is very deep especially as it's started in the garage. I think keeping below 3000rpm will be key in not upsetting the neighbours when driving down my street!

Once again thanks to Andy at CS for fitting the combo - done with attention to detail and basically he just got on with it. I felt reassured that he would fit the system as though it was going on his own car. I feel all those hours of overtime at work to pay for this system have been worth it.

One question I've got is that should I get this set-up re-mapped. If so would it be OK to leave it a while or is there a chance that if left unmapped that any damage could be done with it running lean or rich?

Cheers,

Scotty

Points 1-5, couldn't have put it better myself :thumbs:

The neighbours will just be impressed, I love the sound on start up, soon settles down though, until you want it again ;)

Sometimes it's hard to put across how much better a car with a certain mod performs, I'm glad you've found the same as myself B) When I'm next going down sarf, I'll give you a shout and we can convoy to Abbey, get the re-maps done :thumbs: As you're a bit closer, I guess you might beat me to it :D

Do you now have a mad grin on every run? :lol:

Cheers,

Scotty

Points 1-5, couldn't have put it better myself :thumbs:

The neighbours will just be impressed, I love the sound on start up, soon settles down though, until you want it again ;)

Sometimes it's hard to put across how much better a car with a certain mod performs, I'm glad you've found the same as myself B) When I'm next going down sarf, I'll give you a shout and we can convoy to Abbey, get the re-maps done :thumbs: As you're a bit closer, I guess you might beat me to it :D

Do you now have a mad grin on every run? :lol:

The grin is not too different to when my wife hired me a Ferrari F430 for 24hrs as a 40th birthday gift :yahoo: .

I bet the syncro rev is on full time now and you are seeing your mpg go down :lol:

But these :D:D:D are not in short supply, eh ;)

It is amazing how much a decent exhaust system on a 370 transforms the car. Far more so than in the case of the 350's when a good aftermarket exhaust is added in place of a stock 350 exhaust because at least the UK OEM system is pretty good to start with.

I bet the syncro rev is on full time now and you are seeing your mpg go down :lol:

But these :D:D:D are not in short supply, eh ;)

It is amazing how much a decent exhaust system on a 370 transforms the car. Far more so than in the case of the 350's when a good aftermarket exhaust is added in place of a stock 350 exhaust because at least the UK OEM system is pretty good to start with.

Spot on with the syncro rev. It's now a joy to use and listen to. MPG is bound to go down as it's such a pleasure to rev the engine. :yahoo:

Also forgot to mention the weight saving with the new Akro exhaust and Berk cats as well as the rear wiper delete I've done. I reckon that lots worth around 10-12 kg less.

Looks like a set of Berk High Flow Cats is the answer then .

I had an Akrapovic system fitted on saturday , and to be honest apart from the looks was a bit disappointed with the sound .

It still feels restricted / strangled , throttle response is so slow .

Whats the answer boys Berks .... Intake .... Both ?

I had an Akrapovic system fitted on saturday , and to be honest apart from the looks was a bit disappointed with the sound .

I would definatley spend the extra £400-£450 and get the Berks. You've spent alot of money on a quality exhaust and it has not ticked all the boxes for you. I would spend that bit more to gian the sound and throttle response that we all know the 370 needs.

I would definatley spend the extra £400-£450 and get the Berks. You've spent alot of money on a quality exhaust and it has not ticked all the boxes for you. I would spend that bit more to gian the sound and throttle response that we all know the 370 needs.

+1 :thumbs: I don't know of anyone on here that hasn't had an immediate effect with the Berks ;) What I would say on the Akro, I ran mine for a good few months before fitting the Berks, it does improve with time and a bit of coking(sp?) up and I felt an immediate improvement over stock :teeth:

Berks required mate :thumbs: Neil's gonna buy my intake system for me, so I'll report back when that's fitted :lol:

Berks ordered , should be here in a couple of weeks :thumbs:

Fitted reversing camera tonight aswel works a treat.

Yeah i fancy intakes and a remap , what you going for Stillen , Injen ?

Better finnish running mine in before i mess any more :lol:

The Injen, apparently require a bit more in the way of modification, something to do with the Yank spec being different from UK spec. Chris I knows more about it, but if I went for an intake it would probably be Stillen ;)

Let us know your thoughts on the Berks, I'm guessing you'll be rather impressed :thumbs:

I dont know nowt - well not 100% anyway :lol:

On the 350z Injen's didnt work well as long tube intakes as they supply a modified water bottle as the intakes foul the originals. Now thats fine in the States, but over here we have 2 bottles due to the headlight washers. I know the 370z ones are similar in that they supply a modified bottle, but cant 100% remember if the 370z has 2 bottles or not, but chances are it does ;)