The 'I shouldn't like it but I do' thread

Stew

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100000 cool points to JetSet.

Was it a good car? I still want one....

Yeah, I enjoyed owning it. Considering the size of the engine it would keep up with things like the Mini GT, Sprite and Spitfire. Bad points were the water pump and the head gasket, my GF at the time also had one and had to have the engine rebuilt when the gasket failed...warped head, bent valves,etc :scare: . The engine was also very difficult to work on and you had to lift the bonnet up to put petrol in :) . On the plus side is was more comfortable than a Mini, much more room too and had a much better dashboard :thumbs: . Not many of them left now but I think you can still pick them up at reasonable prices.

Pete

The only reason this car is cool (for me anyway) is 'cos it was my 1st !!

900cc engine - I even modded it by painting the wheels white and installing a rev counter :lol:

The first step on a long and slippery slope no doubt! :lol:

900cc engine - I even modded it by painting the wheels white and installing a rev counter :lol:

[attachment=0]dscf3413.jpg[/attachment]

The first step on a long and slippery slope no doubt! :lol:

[attachment=0]dscf3413.jpg[/attachment]

well - I was only 18 (nearly 20 years ago) and the white hamerite ........... 'nough said

x907.jpg

I used to love this when I saw it at a motor show when I was about 10

...there's one round the corner from me now and I don't know what I was thinking... It's horrible :lol:

x907.jpg

...there's one round the corner from me now and I don't know what I was thinking... It's horrible :lol:

Looks like something David Beckham would buy for his 5 year old :yuck:

Pete

x907.jpg

I can see why you like the X6 Irfan. Just as sh*t!

Oh and the red beast pictured abouve - Talbot Samba?

A lotus sunbeam is full of win! You SHOULD love it! It's brilliant.

I remember going fully sideways down Duffus at knockhill in one of them on a PAX lap with a lady at the wheel. It was a full on rally car and I was down as a guest of the Scottish Rally Championship car (Green and white sapphire Cossie - still on the go!) that my dad sponsored at the time. This was many years ago. She was also a master of left foot braking.

I still have a soft spot for them after that.... and ladies that can drive! :teeth:

I obviously couldn't afford one of these back in the day but always thought they were classy. Sadly, they were not a great success due to a number of things, price, expensive repair bills and they're pretty rare now.

NSU%20Cote.JPG

Anyone know what it is? ;)

And one more, you really know your cars (or your really old :lol: ) if you get this one without any research. My mate's Dad had one when I was in school, got a lift home in it one day :) Haven't seen one in years, well, decades actually, collectors items now. Ugly, but very appealing.

800px-07.02.10-Panhard_24_1ct.jpg

Pete

My stuff in red

I obviously couldn't afford one of these back in the day but always thought they were classy. Sadly, they were not a great success due to a number of things, price, expensive repair bills and they're pretty rare now.

NSU%20Cote.JPG

Anyone know what it is? ;)NSU Ro 80 ........ it had a Wankle engine which was the expensive bit ......... kept having to renew rotor tips (if that's what they're called) as I remember

And one more, you really know your cars (or your really old :lol: ) if you get this one without any research. My mate's Dad had one when I was in school, got a lift home in it one day :) Haven't seen one in years, well, decades actually, collectors items now. Ugly, but very appealing.

800px-07.02.10-Panhard_24_1ct.jpg

Panhard (it's revealed in the image name if you look but I knew it anyway ......... honest

Pete

Spot on :thumbs: . The RO-80 rotor tips wore out in about 15k, NSU were absorbed into the VW empire I believe, Panhard now make tanks :lol:

Pete

Just Googled the Ro 80 ..... I even got the upper/lower case bit right ...... so my long term memory is still intact lol ....... now then, what did I do today ? :lol:

• 1 month later...