Clutch biting point....

manphibian

Mine was like that, clutch went about 2k miles later...doesnt mean you definitely have a clutch on the way out but it might be...since replacing my clutch the biting point is definitely lower down.

Whats the mileage? Has it had any work done on the clutch previously?

mines has always been like that. I'm sure its adjustable though. What mileage was on the car. Mines was like that from 16k miles and is now at 28k and had fair amount of track work and is still going strong.

If it's only done short trips in traffic and/or was a demonstrator it could well be on the way out.

The clutch pedal can be adjusted but you have to sit upside down in the seat and work blind behind the dash... Not easy!

My last Zed clutch was very high, never gave me any problems no slip and was fine on track. The new 350 is nicley setup ans is lower but has a JWT clutch and flywheel so that may be the difference!?

Sorry to hijak the thread but I have some worries with my clutch as it nows seems very strange!

When exerting pressure onto the clutch pedal, the pedal seems to move a good inch very easily without any significant force being required, then the pedal has to be pushed in to the floor under the usual force for gear changes!!! :headhurt:

Is this anything to worry about or does it need some adjustment with setup as previosuly mentioned in other replies???

Any assistance greatly recieved.

...the pedal seems to move a good inch very easily without any significant force being required, then the pedal has to be pushed in to the floor under the usual force for gear changes!!!

Sounds like mine originally... Tons of slack before you actually start applying pressure to the master cylinder.

There's a bolt that allows you to adjust the position of the pedal when released. I lowered my pedal taking out the slack and changing gear became a hell of a lot easier!

I can't find any pictures but this thread may be of use: http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/128253-high-clutch-want-to-lower-your-clutch-engagement-point.html

Sorry to hijak the thread but I have some worries with my clutch as it nows seems very strange!

When exerting pressure onto the clutch pedal, the pedal seems to move a good inch very easily without any significant force being required, then the pedal has to be pushed in to the floor under the usual force for gear changes!!! :headhurt:

Is this anything to worry about or does it need some adjustment with setup as previosuly mentioned in other replies???

Any assistance greatly recieved.

Having the clutch fluid bled is your first port of call. Do this before messing with pedal set up. :thumbs:

...the pedal seems to move a good inch very easily without any significant force being required, then the pedal has to be pushed in to the floor under the usual force for gear changes!!!

Sounds like mine originally... Tons of slack before you actually start applying pressure to the master cylinder.

There's a bolt that allows you to adjust the position of the pedal when released. I lowered my pedal taking out the slack and changing gear became a hell of a lot easier!

I can't find any pictures but this thread may be of use: http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/128253-high-clutch-want-to-lower-your-clutch-engagement-point.html

Thanks Irh........I've read the thread listed as well as the connecting threads and this seems to be the exact problem; very common if not standard on all 350z's and should be an easy fix.....even for a complete non-mechanic like me!

I'm so excited I wanted to do it now....then realised it was nearly midnight, pitch black with no outside lighting opportunity and it's now p*ssing it down :scare: perhaps it can wait until the morning :lol: