Leather repair...

coldel

...purchased the scuffmaster and dye, a good going over with the cleaner, two efforts with conditioner, more cleaner, degreaser and finally the dye...leaving it to dye overnight, lets see how it looks tomorrow, here is how it looked this morning...

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

I know, guy I know who drives a black taxi says he just mixes in a bit of cherry blossom boot polish into a normal polish and gets his car up a good shine. Those pics are pre-clean...they have had a good going over today will take some photos in the morning of the results.

Well, had a few panic attacks in the night when I thought that maybe I used the wrong mixture of water with the dye etc but thought sod it lets just see in the morning. In my opinion, looks a mile better than before. Can definitely 'feel' the difference in the seats as well as see the dye effect. I cleaned it using GT12 then applied two layers of GT11 conditioner about 2 hours apart. Then went over it with the GT12 again followed by a degreaser. Then applied non diluted dye to the worse spots ie the orange on the drivers seat and the scratch marks on the protruding edges followed by a complete covering of dye watered down about 30% water 70% dye I would say at a guess - I didnt have a hobby spray gun as they recommend, I only had a sponge and can see why a hobby gun would be preferable as it has left very minute lines in places where I didnt completely smooth out the dye but its not really noticeable. Before and after shots are below...with the kit you also get a gloss enhancer, you can add it to the dye to give more gloss, I skipped it completely and wanted to try a complete matte look. Given my awful practical skills thought it came out ok :)

Drivers seat, wear in the base of the seat now covered

BA3.jpg

Scratch mark, one is near as damn it gone the other two much less noticeable

BA2.jpg

Passenger seat, cleaned up (the scuffmaster stuff is VERY GOOD at lifting the crap off the seats)

BA1.jpg

Cheers pal, I have to say regardless of the seat condition I would recommend that people invest in the scuffmaster and dye and give your seats a good once over, it transforms the interior completely.