F***ing scum bags!

Are you sure that when you first got your iPad, you did not install a free locator app that Apple suggest? I believe with all recent iPhones & iPads, there is a prompt when you first start it up and connect to the interweb. If you have an itunes account, you may well have set it up without realising. If you have, you can go to me.com and track the ipad to the nearest metre and/or get an app on any other apple device which will do the same. Even if you really don't remember doing it, worth seeing if your itunes/apple account (or one you may have had in the past) works on that site just in case your ipad is on and is sending out signals.

Also, I think I might be right in saying that in case of it being stolen, you may be able to find out what your MAC number was, etc from Apple if they can in any way track down your purchase (done online or remember where/when?) and because it is 3G enabled, there may possibly be some way to find out where it is even without a SIM? I seem to recall reading about some guy who did just that, knocked on the door of where his iPad was and presented a violent surprise to the dude who opened the door.

Are you sure that when you first got your iPad, you did not install a free locator app that Apple suggest? I believe with all recent iPhones & iPads, there is a prompt when you first start it up and connect to the interweb. If you have an itunes account, you may well have set it up without realising. If you have, you can go to me.com and track the ipad to the nearest metre and/or get an app on any other apple device which will do the same. Even if you really don't remember doing it, worth seeing if your itunes/apple account (or one you may have had in the past) works on that site just in case your ipad is on and is sending out signals.

Also, I think I might be right in saying that in case of it being stolen, you may be able to find out what your MAC number was, etc from Apple if they can in any way track down your purchase (done online or remember where/when?) and because it is 3G enabled, there may possibly be some way to find out where it is even without a SIM? I seem to recall reading about some guy who did just that, knocked on the door of where his iPad was and presented a violent surprise to the dude who opened the door.

Surely knocking on someones door with intent to assault them would be a very bad move... not saying they wouldn't deserve it just that you would be right royally screwed if you did and it was witnessed :boxing:

I have checked the locate app and I have sent it a remote wipe but because its the wifi model, it has to be connected to the Internet for me to find it. As it stands, they haven't connected it to the Internet yet. I would know if they had because I would be sent an email. A mistake I have not made twice, my new iPad is the 3G model!! :thumbs:

A mistake I have not made twice, my new iPad is the 3G model!! :thumbs:

So what happen's if the SIM is changed before its powered back on? :snack:

........................... :shrug::lol:

I'm going by the premiss that you can track the iPad whilst its sleeping. If they were clever enough to power it down straight away and have the little tool to get the sim out, then they clearly know what they are doing and there's sweet f a I can do about it. Its a good point and I never thought about that! :wacko:

Working up in Sheffield last Friday, popped out of the works van for half an hour, come back and the driver window was smashed. Macbook pro, iPad2, tomtom and a few other little things gone!!!! Because I was in a rental van, my insurance did not cover the contents and I didn't take out extra insurance from the rental company. Oh, and i had to pay for the damage to the van (£600+). Not a good week for me! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Anyone up that way hear anything, I would appreciate any news.

I have Family in Sheffield mate and will get them to ask a few questions in the area, where abouts in sheff was you working? I went up not long ago and within half an hour i got broke into and the cops didnt want to know. Sorry for your misfortune but all sheffielders aint bad just the scummy druggies

Working up in Sheffield last Friday, popped out of the works van for half an hour, come back and the driver window was smashed. Macbook pro, iPad2, tomtom and a few other little things gone!!!! Because I was in a rental van, my insurance did not cover the contents and I didn't take out extra insurance from the rental company. Oh, and i had to pay for the damage to the van (£600+). Not a good week for me! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Anyone up that way hear anything, I would appreciate any news.

I have Family in Sheffield mate and will get them to ask a few questions in the area, where abouts in sheff was you working? I went up not long ago and within half an hour i got broke into and the cops didnt want to know. Sorry for your misfortune but all sheffielders aint bad just the scummy druggies

Thanks Dave mate, I'd appreciate that. It happened on a lane called Lightwood lane, just off Norton Rd. Funny you should say that about the police because just after I phoned them, I asked if they were going to send anyone and they said that it was pointless as there were no witness's or cctv! Good attitude to have!!

I'm trying my best not to generalise everyone from Sheffield but finding it hard as that was my first visit to Sheffield :lol: