Scorpion Exhaust doesn't fit??

womblingfree

I had a new Scorpion exhaust and Stillen y-pipe fitted at my local Nissan garage and they're saying it doesn't fit. Works ok but is apparently touching the dif-shield which will cause a rattle.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or better still, know how to fix it! My car's an 04 UK GT.

:shrug:

I'd say your first mistake was going to Nissan - but perhaps I'm being unfair? :shrug:

Really?? I thought this was a great idea at the time!

Anyone out there near West London/Surrey that can sort it out for me? Already spent £150 getting it fitted (not fitted) :(

Abbey or Horsham Dev? They are on this forum as traders and probably could help?

Abbey are in Surrey and probably your best bet - Horsham are in Berkshire past Reading down the M4...drop them a PM see what they can do for you.

Is yours a HR engined car?

If so, then you will most certainly need to remove the diff shield.

Pretty much all aftermarket exhausts that fit a DR car, will fit the HR provided the shield is removed.

What's an HR and a DR?? I've just got a standard 04, UK model. :shrug:

I presume the dif shields there for a reason, so isn't it a bad idea to remove it?

Anyway, just drove it home and now there's a terrible stink in the cab which seems to be coming from under the engine, which I presume is a smouldering diff shield. Not going to drive it until I'm driving it somewhere to get sorted.

I'm having nothing but bad luck with my Z. :(

I'd say your first mistake was going to Nissan - but perhaps I'm being unfair? :shrug:

Really?? I thought this was a great idea at the time!

Anyone out there near West London/Surrey that can sort it out for me? Already spent £150 getting it fitted (not fitted) :(

Wow £150 :wacko: I paid 80 to get a full system and decats fitted which takes about 4 times as long

Wow £150 :wacko: I paid 80 to get a full system and decats fitted which takes about 4 times as long

I was quoted £80, but they said they spent extra time trying to get it to fit. So I've been charged extra for them not doing a proper job and creating a smell. :angry:

Now I'll have to pay someone else to sort it out.

I was quoted £80, but they said they spent extra time trying to get it to fit. So I've been charged extra for them not doing a proper job and creating a smell. :angry:

Now I'll have to pay someone else to sort it out.

Nightmare mate. Lesson learned.. Never let Nissan do anything to your car(especially anything modification wise)

Best go to one of the places recommended

Problem with main dealer is that if it does not fit first time as it should then you are knackered, most local exhaust places will go a little further and venture into any problems that may arise.

My scorpion touches a heat sheild when its cold but within 5 mins it warms up and no more noise :thumbs: the sheild can be removed and mine is a 04 plate :thumbs:

My scorpion fits perfect and had no fitment issues at all. To be honest i'd send it back to scorpion and tell them it doesnt fit without modification of other components. Tell them how much it has cost you so far and its still not fitted. I got money back from mines because of scratches on it.

My scorpion fits perfect and had no fitment issues at all. To be honest i'd send it back to scorpion and tell them it doesnt fit without modification of other components. Tell them how much it has cost you so far and its still not fitted. I got money back from mines because of scratches on it.

Thanks for the tip. But doesn't that mean paying someone to remove it, ship it back, and then I still have no exhaust and have to go through the whole rigmarole again? Think I'll give Scorpion a ring tomorrow to see what they say.

My scorpion touches a heat sheild when its cold but within 5 mins it warms up and no more noise :thumbs: the sheild can be removed and mine is a 04 plate :thumbs:

Cheers. Actually there was no noise at all when I drove it home today, just this godawful stink! No idea if it's exhaust fumes, paint burning or heat being generated by the two things touching. Whatever, I'm now travelling by bus and taxi until it's sorted.

E-mailed Abbey, so fingers crossed.

yep thats probs gasket sealer aswell. You always get some smell and it will settle down. Mines has done about 3k miles now and its sounding alot more deeper than when originally fitted.

Big stinky smell is good??? Well then, if there's no rattle and the smell will go away I may not have to do anything! :yahoo:

Might get Abbey to give it the once over anyway.

Yep thats probs the best idea. Hope everything is good :thumbs:

its sounding alot more deeper than when originally fitted.

I love the sound already. Sounds like Barry White, but smells like Steptoe's armpit.

haha yep mines sound brilliant when it first went on and sounding better the more it gets used

Just as an extra thought.

I now have Berks HFCs,Stillen Y and a Scorpion. With the Berks and Stillen it seem to pull the Scorpion back about 4/5 mil and that cause the rear pipes to be level with no touching anywhere. Also check the front rear hanger,they put the washer on the wrong side an this made the rear pipes wonky.I did have to remove the strange metal bit behind the OS rear plastic of the wheel arch though.

What is that for ???

Hi buddy

Sorry to hear you have an issue, I should have said something when I saw the shipping address was a Nissan garage, I will never advise you use them for aftermarket performance parts.

As said, smelly fumes are normal.... once its all bedded in and done a few miles then you really start appreciating it.... I was a bit worried after I fitted my Tanabe and HFCs, now they are bedded in they are awesome and the car feels noticeably quicker... might be the noise though :lol::lol:

As a good will gesture as its cost you a few quid to get sorted, send me your home address and I will pop you a nice free gift in the post...

All the best

Tarmac :thumbs: