Why does this happen :-{ SOLVED.

Zugara

Right..... :snack:

When pulling away hard in first gear, get the RPM up to 6/6.5k. Change gear quickly into second and the engine "bogs" down for

about 1.5/2 seconds then picks up again.Away I go....

Everything else is fine, Tick over etc. Abbey could not pin point this issue, I have tried

all RON fuel types, done ECU reset, nothing effects this problem.

Also have noticed that the left hand exhaust when looking at the rear of the car, is always heavily "carboned up", in fact I had

specks of carbon on the rear bumper from that tail pipe. Dont forget I have a true dual, so something on the RHS engine bank must be at fault?

The car is not using any quantity of oil to talk about either.

Help welcome and needed.... :lol:

I have pulled the spark plugs out today, nothing seemed untoward with them, cant see any loose connector blocks. All the coil packs, look OK, but

dont know if one is breaking down under heavy acceleration.

Air filters clean.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had that, im sure its the TC kicking in

I dont know mate, why would the engine feel like its lost all power, almost as if the exhaust gas cant escape quick enough, It did happen when I had a stock exhaust too.

The carbon on the bumper was roughly the size of this comma , but flecked all around the tail pipe area on the bumper.

Have a look next time it happens where the traction and skid lights are and I'm sure they will flash if this is the cause. Too be honest unless it Icey or very wet my TCS stays off, it's quite sensitive

Will test it out and report back Mr sulu.... :thumbs:

I tried unsuccessfully to boot it out the work carpark onto an A road and when going up into second car just doesnt go, looked down and noticed the TC lights flashing, switched it off next time and bam no problem. I now drive about with ESP off most of the time unless the road is wet.

i have no numbers on this one but like 90% of the people on this forum who write off their 350z's do so with the TC off. the following then come in; "there was oil/diesel", "a mongoose jumped out and i swerved to avoid", "I have no idea what happened, i was driving at 30mph".

if the TC is coming on the wheels are slipping which means there is too much right boot being used for the grip available. better tyres, bigger tyres, better set up or less boot are required.

Sorry but the sulu joke is lost on me :wacko: but I never was a trekie :lol: .

But my old car was a BMW 330ci and did this even worse. I don't think cheap tyres help this issue and I remember you had your slashed a while back didn't you? And the reason for the engine cutting out is because it's the easiest way for it to stop the wheels breaking traction :thumbs:

As the guys have said I would also concur that this may be a classic case of the TCS cutting in.

"Real" drivers have it switched off permanently. :drive1:drive1:drive1

I personally find that it is more a hindrance than a help.

Alex :)

Whats bizarre is that with the TC off and giving it a bit of welly out the car park, the wheels don't spin, in fact they are thousands of revs away from spinning, so what was the TC doing coming in and cutting out my engine when it was switched on? :wacko:

Whats bizarre is that with the TC off and giving it a bit of welly out the car park, the wheels don't spin, in fact they are thousands of revs away from spinning, so what was the TC doing coming in and cutting out my engine when it was switched on? :wacko:

what tyres sizes have you got?

It was on my old standard tyres, bridgestones, can't remember the standard size of tyre on those(?), only had about 4mm of tread, but found it bloody annoying that pulling out and putting about half throttle down in second gear at nearly 20mph meant the car cut out...

...and not sure whats most dangerous, maybe the wheels spin or the car cuts the engine out and all the cars which come belting around the corner on the A4 find you stalling at 20mph :scare:

:clap: to all those that answered TC :clap:

Just been out with TC off, hey presto, no Bogging out.... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Put TC back on and the TC light came on and engine bogged out.

Problem solved. Cheers boyz.

Why did i bother taking my plugs out..... :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Should have just asked on here before. :blush::blush:

Both rears are the same tyre size with about 5mm left on tread. 245/45/18 Bridgestone protenza's.

no offence but I can't believe you didn't notice that was the TC

None taken, I didnt even notice the light coming on TBH. Must have been so concerned with the oncoming traffic :scare: I didnt even look at the dials. :doh:

Whats more worrying is that Abbey didnt pick that up.... :doh::lol: