Tyre pressures

Gavalar

Hi all, I need a little help please, I am new to owning a 350Z, and need to do some basic checks on my car, and I cannot find any where in my documentation what my tyre pressures should be. Inside the drivers door there is the usual guide, but this relates to tyres of a different size to those fitted to my car. I have 275/35 R19 96W on the rear, and 245/35 R19 93Y on the front. Help anyone?

What tyres do you have on now, with regards to make not size? Tyre pressure is dependant on that far more than the size of the tyre itself.

That said, 35psi front and back isn't a bad place to start and isn't going to put you in a ditch. Welcome along btw, get some pics and a post up in the Introduction section! :wave:

Hello,

35psi seems to be the norm. I've had my tyres filled with nitrogen, so hopefully the pressure will stay steady for at least 6 months with no need for topping up!!! (s'wat the garage said).

• 3 months later...

350Z in the UK and JDM (not sure about the US) don't have tyre pressure monitors, and even if they did you still still manually check your tyre pressures roughly every fortnight. Get a cheapy gauge from Halfrauds, will be good enough for the 2 min job :thumbs:

Hi all. Welcome to the Zed club Gavalar.

I have MPS3s, i have recently replaced my rear tyres. they wore a lot more in the centre of the tyre than on the edges.

I'm not going to lie, i drive the car hard and the tyres are often a nice tepid warm temperature by the time i arrive.

The wear in the centre of the tyre makes me wonder if im running them too high pressures. I have the cold pressures at 35psi as suggested on here. im wondering if i should lower the pressures a little but i dont want to be overheating them or getting any snap oversteer at high speed from having them to low.

they are VERY grippy and often on smooth roads make the Zed feel allmost wallowy. any pointers as to whether i should change pressures please comment. also im struggling to find any info on optimum operating temperatures etc

oh, and they are 40 profile all round.

If you're happy with the pressures then leave them as-is. I've never used the PS3 on the Zed as the PS2s were so much better, but assuming that they have the same hard sidewall as most Michelin tyres if it was me I'd be running 33/34 F/R. That's just me though, if you're happy then stay with that, a few psi here or there won't make too much difference.