Sore and Stupid - ME!!

Emperor Ming

Quietly enjoying my Saturday off when i get a phone call from my son asking if i could help him take down a wooden stables that he has bought.

Now this leaves me with a choice.

Help my lad and his mate do boy things, swear, break things and have a right good laugh :teeth:

or

Go shopping with Mrs Ming :thumbdown:

A split second later and i am in the car and on my way.

The stables turn out to be like a small bleedin BARN

Oh well of we set pulling things down and shifting stuff. things are going well and al the bolts are coming out fine when I get the one that wont. Lots of pulling tugging and screaming later it eventually snaps off. No problem other than that I manage to drag my finger all along the plank of wood.

OOOOOOOoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

F**KIN 'ELL F**KIN 'ELL F**KIN 'ELL F**KIN 'ELL F**KIN 'ELL

goes the response!! :rant:

When all is done its not too bad and back we go with gusto

The roof is held on with bolts as well and it drops to me, as the tallest, to pull the top ones out.

Using my best claw happer I tap them through from one side and then pull them out from the other.

All except one.

This one is right above me head and doeasn't want to shift.

Pull.

swear.

Pull lots harder

and

BANG

I hit myself on the bridge of the nose as hard as I can with the butt of the hammer. :scare:

I thought I had broken my own nose (Who in the hell would believe that)

Then it started to bleed. :crutches:

Then it started to hurt.

Then THEY started to LAUGH!!!!!

Stupid.

You chuffin bet!!

Ming the swollen

I was in a similar boat yesterday.

My friend wanted help with a simple job of taking a door off, planing the bottom and putting the door back on...

Took the door off no problem, rested it on a chair to plane it. There was a peice of wood stuck to the bottom and the nearest thing to hand was a penknife. (seemed a good idea at the time).

Trying to lever the peice of wood off, door slips, knife slips onto my finger, door falls onto knife, knife cuts cleanly, quickly and deeply into my finger.

Rinse finger under the tap to see the cut is about 4mm deep passed all layers of skin into the flesh underneath.

Next thing I know friend is standing over me asking if I was ok.

Trip to A&E and knew i was in for stiches when a doctor exclaims "Oh my God! that is deep". 4 stiches later and a big white condom where my finger should be...

Though all of this my finger has never hurt once but a paper cut hurts for days :-)

Ross