Project Volk Friday ***FINISHED PICS ADDED***

BulletMagnet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top man....!! Perfect timing :teeth:

I emailed the guy from PureKlas last week as i very badly kerbed one of my Volks last Monday... he asked me to send him some pics (which i've not done yet). How much are you paying per wheel....?

Fingers crossed for ya.

There is no clearcoat on the Volks.

After researching numerous forums, it turns out that they are very very thinly anodised.

Only a few microns to retain te mirror polished appearance.

Best cleaning advice I found for Volks is to use soap and water only, no wheel cleaning chemicals at all and to use a good sealant like FinishKare 1000P.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, had a call and I now need a little help.

The wheels have been split and are getting processed, but unfortunately they forgot to mark up which are the rear and which are the front centres.

How do we now now which is which offset? They have looked at the inside of the spokes, but there does not seem to be a number stamped on them saying "+23+ and "+28".

What do they use?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

well that was not clever of them. When i do it i stamp dots, 1 - 4 so the same centre goes back with the same hoop.

What offsets should your wheels be, only way is to look at the back of the centre, and see which has the higher offset by eye, basically which has more thickness of metal of the centre part that sits against the hub, if you have an offset difference of 10mm or so you should be able to tell easily.

in most instances the centres with the thicker centre section (the bit the bolts go through) is for the fronts, as they are to help clear big brakes, and the rears centres are thinner to achieve more of a dish on the outer lip. I cant tell you without seeing them for my self though :(

exactly that! wheel nuts on the front do sit further in.

I think your onto the winner there! Now get them back on the car! :)

Since then, I have confirmed that the wheelnuts sit in deeper on the front wheels than the rear.

This would account for the larger offset on the front of +28 compared to the lower offset on the rear of +23, because the wheelnuts are all the same size.

Front

dms016.jpg

Rear

rearwheel.jpg