Project Volk Friday ***FINISHED PICS ADDED***

BulletMagnet

Poorboys wheel sealant is very nice to use. I've just purchased some new wheels, and have done a few layers of this after readings its recommendations online. Leaves the wheels feeling really nice!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the rim wax powder residue was more noticable on my zed wheels as they were black.

PB cures to a white finish and does powder up as you say Rim Wax does, but when you buff it off its all gone and just feels silky smooth/slippy. Once you buff off any sealant no residue should reappear. Sounds very odd of Rim Wax to do that, maybe you had a duffer? I know some carnauba waxes can come back to a haze after a while (DD SN2 can), thats the natural wax sweating. Could have been something similar?

You could try some PB sealant and see how that goes - I find it works very well :thumbs:

i think it might have been more to do with me doing a half arsed job on the polishing off and it was more noticable on a black wheel :blush:

Did you use a foam applicator? I find these are exellent for getting a super thin layer down which is a lot easier to buff off and also means you can leave it longer to cure. I find if you put too much on, if you leave it a long time to cure, you quite literally cant get it off and I have to apply some fresh so that the softeners in it can remove the old and allow you to get it thin enough to remove.

i think it might have been more to do with me doing a half arsed job on the polishing off and it was more noticable on a black wheel :blush:

Did you use a foam applicator? I find these are exellent for getting a super thin layer down which is a lot easier to buff off and also means you can leave it longer to cure. I find if you put too much on, if you leave it a long time to cure, you quite literally cant get it off and I have to apply some fresh so that the softeners in it can remove the old and allow you to get it thin enough to remove.

i think i may have just used my hand :blush::lol:

using your hand is the proper way to apply carnuba wax. IMO rim wax is a waste of time fk1000p is great. although I tried megs #16 it works better than most speicalised products.

The problem I find with using your hand is you can't really get a thin enough layer, all you get is messy big blobs of carnauba, which won't be removed as well as a thin layer of wax.

using your hand is the proper way to apply carnuba wax. IMO rim wax is a waste of time fk1000p is great. although I tried megs #16 it works better than most speicalised products.

The problem I find with using your hand is you can't really get a thin enough layer, all you get is messy big blobs of carnauba, which won't be removed as well as a thin layer of wax.

your doing it wrong then :lol: , ive done it once like this before but honestly isnt worth the effort. you have to massage it into your hands so its pretty much melted then work in lines.

Foam applicators are better :lol:

I love them ... what's your whole carbon setup, as in what parts ??

Have you have pictures of them fires etc :)

Varis Arising I front lip

Varis Cooling Bonnet

Chargespeed Bottom Line sideskirts

Chargespeed Bottom Line rear spats

Hexis carbon vinyl roof wrap (wrapped by myself)

eBay carbon eyelids