Finally bit the bullet, new wheels ahoy!

tez162003

Finally bit the bullet :scare: and after trying so hard to resist the urge to modify any more cars of mine, (even though I already have a Buddyclub Exhaust and BC Coilovers) I bought new wheels for the car, thought as I nearly needed new tyres all round on the Rays anyway, why not buy new alloys (that and an early birthday present to myself) :blush:

The wheels are:

Varrstoen E2.2 in Satin Black

Front

19x9.5J ET22 plus 20mm Eibach Spacer = +et2

Falken 452 - 225/35/19

Rear

19x10.5J ET22 plus 20mm Eibach Spacer = +et2 (think I am going to go 25mm Spacer on the rear to achieve -et3) :)

Falken 452 - 245/35/19

Black Steel 19mm wheel nuts all round. (may change colour of these, any idea's?)

Got these direct from Varrstoen in the Netherlands at a good price over the RRP as I work in the trade so managed to get trade price in the end. :) was very tempted to just get et0 all round with no spacers, but re sale (we all have to think of it) would be rubbish as not many people over here like stanced 350z's? Tell me if I'm wrong?

Anyway the pictures,

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Its getting lower. lol. Fanta can has no hope lol.

IMG_0082.jpg

Comments welcome, good :) or bad :headhurt:

indeed i was and still would if the money is good enough, my sensible head is trying its hardest to beat the keep it and enjoy it, only young once attitude lol

If someone wanted it either like this or in standard trim i would sell for the right price. As 350z's dont seem to shift easily right now, I will guess I am stuck with it for a while :)

dude if you can get them at trade price add 5% and sell them :thumbs:

I work for a wheel company, part time in the evenings now (used to be full time) and Varrsteon are currently looking for UK distributors who will help their brand grow over here. But from what the big boss man said, it looks like a no go as we get our own wheels made anyway, no point trying to sell someone else's brand when we have 3 of our own.

Is it just me or are those tyres too small for the rims? I thought the tyre should overhang the rim in the norm? Love the wheels but no protection for curb rash. Just opinion, input??

Stretched tyres mate, should be 235/275..............

• 3 weeks later...
Is it just me or are those tyres too small for the rims? I thought the tyre should overhang the rim in the norm? Love the wheels but no protection for curb rash. Just opinion, input??

Stretched tyres mate, should be 235/275..............

Can someone educate me! Stretched is ok?? Looks like they'd be ready to roll off the safety bead on hard cornering! I'm only used to fitting motorcycle tyres so this is a bit alien to me.

I think people are afraid of the unknown, Stretched tyres actually originated in Japan, called Hapan or something like that. the drifters fitted them to give them less side wall flex and break traction easier. If you go extreme like some euro boys do it could become unsafe. But if drifters used tyres like that they must be relatively safe. I personally dont give my car much "hard cornering" as I'm not really that sort of driver. The 350z in my opinion isn't that sort of car, more a cruiser.

Stretched tyres for me are just for the look, means I can have an aggressive stance on the wheels but then still get the tyre to go into the arch. If I had the offsets I have now and normal tyres it would just rub all day long. I was even thinking about 215/35/19 on the front but thought that is a bit too extreme. 225 is fine.

Fitting them is just the same as the correct sized tyre, usually easier being a narrow tyre as you dont need to push the tyre down as much when fitting. Although these wheels were a pig to fit them on, as I had no decent well on the rim to push the tyre into. meaning it pulled the fitting arm very close to the wheel. :headhurt:

Looks awsome matey! just ordered myself the buddy club. what do you make of it?

Buddy Club is a great exhaust, its not quiet but you soon get used to it and want more. I used to say no way to de cats or HFC but now i really want some lol.

Buddy club is brilliant quality, welds are perfect, fit is good. Good choice :)