Top Gear Track Day - Pics and vids!!!!

Sarnie

My car was pretty much standard. All mods were for audio or visual effect.

Was it not a GT4, then? Or would that not make much difference over a standard, 276bhp first edition?

Mal.

Oh yeah it was the 296 PS version. Its had 20 more bhp but less torque so no difference really. :thumbs:

But revvs slightly higher so about the same if not slightly quicker. :thumbs:

Totally irrelevant and any difference would be too minisule to even quantify. Major differences would be things llike tyre tread depth, brake pad and disc conditions, fuel used etc. Oh and not forgetting, how much bottle have you got? Throwing your pride and joy into a corner at 100 mph......... thats where its won and lost :D

I do actually agree and disagree, it will make a difference but yes it will come down to the driver at the end of the day.

Hence, JAY - lend me your car, we have a fight on our hands here :thumbs:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it not a GT4, then? Or would that not make much difference over a standard, 276bhp first edition?

Mal.

Oh yeah it was the 296 PS version. Its had 20 more bhp but less torque so no difference really. :thumbs:

Totally irrelevant and any difference would be too minisule to even quantify. Major differences would be things llike tyre tread depth, brake pad and disc conditions, fuel used etc. Oh and not forgetting, how much bottle have you got? Throwing your pride and joy into a corner at 100 mph......... thats where its won and lost :D

I do actually agree and disagree, it will make a difference but yes it will come down to the driver at the end of the day.

No way dude, Ive seen how you drive you suck :lol:

Sarnie cheated he had a quicker Z unfair contest, to compare his track time with mine, unless I turbo mine then it should be about even :teeth:

Your biggest problem is gona be damp/frost/icey track. Yesterday it was approx 3 degrees & I was skidding & applying opposite lock down all the side streets around where I work!! This was while pulling away from stanstill or at only 10mph turns!

But IMO a lot of this is to do with putting fatter wheels on this year, the 275 rears dont help in ice or frost.

Mal.

You talk the talk but never walk the walk even when you had a zed :p

Examples from this very thread:

anytime???? Just as long as they are not filming i gather. Hmmmmmm i may do this when it gets dry next year

I will beat his time as mine is GM and we all know they are faster!

Im booking drift school nexy year sometime, probablly April and will boook this too next year when its a bit drier

Wow, thats insane. I know what i have to beat and i have no chance, haha

Hmm i think i need to get on this come may time! If its still on. I need to get you off the 10th spot

I will be getting my bullet cam set up also, so need the day to be remembered

blahblah-1.gif:lol:

Your biggest problem is gona be damp/frost/icey track. Yesterday it was approx 3 degrees & I was skidding & applying opposite lock down all the side streets around where I work!! This was while pulling away from stanstill or at only 10mph turns!

But IMO a lot of this is to do with putting fatter wheels on this year, the 275 rears dont help in ice or frost.

Agreed. Anything other than bone dry and i will be postponing. :)

Agreed. Anything other than bone dry and i will be postponing. :)

While you wait for the ground to dry, Ill just go ahead and smash your time:

:teeth::lol:

me.jpg

1:38 is a nice time B)

I learnt a lot from Graham on my visit to Dunsfold and have since then been applying his techniques/pointers to my regular driving.

I'm pretty sure that I would beat my old time on my first hot lap, should I decide to visit again (which I might :teeth: ).

My tyres were at the legal limit as well, and having recently replaced mine again all round, you notice the difference is grip straight off.

I learnt a lot from Graham on my visit to Dunsfold and have since then been applying his techniques/pointers to my regular driving.

I'm pretty sure that I would beat my old time on my first hot lap, should I decide to visit again (which I might :teeth: ).

My tyres were at the legal limit as well, and having recently replaced mine again all round, you notice the difference is grip straight off.

Thanks yeh it was pretty tough but I managed to do it.:blush: I didnt use the brakes once, :teeth::lol:;)

I think you should go back and take £100 off Sarnie :teeth: We can rename you the site stig! :lol:

And Zedrush couldnt beat a milfloat round a track, he's photoshopped the pic! :lol:

I think you should go back and take £100 off Sarnie :teeth: We can rename you the site stig! :lol:

And Zedrush couldnt beat a milfloat round a track, he's photoshopped the pic! :lol:

Party Fudge Packer Pooper :lol:

Zedrush :nono:

And Sinbad, its £150 B)

Ahh you only responded back when you found out it was a fake, get worried did ya ? :lol::p

:lol:

I think you could get under 1:36 easily.

No way mate. Look at the cars in the list that are above 1:36. To do that time in a zed you would have to be a fairly experienced track driver imo.

And Sinbad, its £150 B)

Ahh you only responded back when you found out it was a fake, get worried did ya ? :lol::p

No way mate. Look at the cars in the list that are above 1:36. To do that time in a zed you would have to be a fairly experienced track driver imo.

Ahem... :#1:

And Sinbad, its £150 B)

Considering the Stig did it in near as damit 1:32, I think you would have to be mighty tallented to get a 1:36 on your first visit to the track :surrender:

And Sinbad, its £150 B)

Considering the Stig did it in near as damit 1:32, I think you would have to be mighty tallented to get a 1:36 on your first visit to the track :surrender:

1 hour and 36 mins is nothing dude, trust me I think I could easily get under n hour :thumbs::blush:

And Sinbad, its £150 B)

1 hour and 36 mins is nothing dude, trust me I think I could easily get under n hour :thumbs::blush:

:lol: - I think even I can manage that :thumbs: