Engine cutting out

alessandro

Hppened 4 times in 2 days now :scare:

Only when approacing roundabouts or traffic ligths, if I down shift it's fine but, if I slow donwn with the car in gear and the clutch pressed the car smoothly switch off, no warning lights or any funny things, I reach the stop and the engine is off (only the inignition lights are on as when you turn the key without turning the engine on), happen earlyer on but I did noticed before reaching the stop, I gave it some gas and the engine re started with a bit of a "turbo lag" effect.

Doesn't happen all the time and when it does happen the car re starts with no proble, the only thing that I reacently changed is that I now fill up on normal petrol rather than 99.

Any ideas??

Thank

Sure there was a post the other day about the same thing....

I have been using normal fuel for about 4 months with no problems, and the average mpg is the near enough the same when using 98 ron. Go figure.... :shrug:

Same here on mpg, I had to switch to get more juice in rather than increase mpg

Hey mate sorry to hear about the Z having problems... I know the feeling! I reckon you should go back to 98 or better octane asap as the car is made to run on 98 running it with 95 can cause detonation when at full throttle as the engine only allows for detonation at part throttle! If you want to run off 95 get it mapped on 95?

I run my jdm of regular petrol with no known issues ..28mpg on a reasonable run, smooth running etc..... bearing in mind I get through £100 of petrol per week the added expense of the higher octane fuel would add up...... so regular fuel shouldn't be an issue in my opinion

• 2 months later...

Hi Alessandro

Did you solve this problem? Mine does it but very intermittently. First two times were on the way to JapShow in June she cut out twice going towards a roundabout off the motorway, where steering went so heavy I literally couldn't turn the wheel and had to bump start it. It also happened twice yesterday, once turning into a road, the other was coming off of the M25, yet again towards a tight turn. I need to solve this asap before my car kills me so any help is appreciated. Nissan said they've never heard of the problem before and said to do throttle resets etc. but wondered if you were able to cure your problem as it sounds similar to mine.

I did pm you but its still sitting in my outbox since last night.

Thanks

Vix