Advice on Zed purchase, I am a little confused

Pete1979

Hi Everyone

Hope everyones had a fab weekend, was wondering if someone could give me a bit of steer on a possible 350z

I went to look at this http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2541807.htm drove it and it was absolutely lovely, it felt strong and solid (they have a beatiful noise as well).

I have now had a read around the FAQ's and I am confused by the car, its a 56 but doesnt have the bi-xenons (with the little LED's) the rear lights dont appear to be LED and the centre dash doesnt have the silver accents. externally the bumper looks to be 2005 as are all these other bits and bobs are

making me think its been damaged and rebuilt with the 2005 bits or do you think its possible it sat somewhere for almost a year?

love to hear peoples thoughts, thanks in advance

Pete

As has been said that particular car is on the expensive side.

I'd also double check the service history - i.e who is 'other' It should have followed the P1,P2,P1,P3 etc...

You may already have done this but I would go have a look round a number of different cars and get a feel for what is a good car and what looks a bit tired, crap etc.

Good luck in your search.

Adam :thumbs:

Not seen a prefacelift Zed on a 56 plate before, in 2005/6 they were flying out of the dealers faster than they could make them, there was a considerable waiting list at that time. Anyway, that Zed is just down the road from me, can check it out if you like :thumbs:

Pete

Not seen a prefacelift Zed on a 56 plate before, in 2005/6 they were flying out of the dealers faster than they could make them, there was a considerable waiting list at that time. Anyway, that Zed is just down the road from me, can check it out if you like :thumbs:

Pete

You make a good point about zeds flying out of the showrooms. I had to wait 4 months from the date of order.

However, there are too many pre-facelift features for it to be anything else unless just the registration was changed. Engine and VIN Numbers match the V5 ?

Yep, as above, pre-facelift. And if you can stretch to it you REALLY do want to try and find a 56 plate 2007 facelift as the interior fittings, functionality, feel and quality is much better.

I held out for a 2007 56 plate GT in black with the same colour leather as that grey one here and its soo nice. All the updates, bi-xennons, led rear lights, better inside, better bluetooth makes it feel like it'll stay feeling fresh much longer. Oh and i know the tax will be 440 quid on the 07> but the extra power is well worth it too :thumbs:

Better resale potential too..

Yep, as above, pre-facelift. And if you can stretch to it you REALLY do want to try and find a 56 plate 2007 facelift as the interior fittings, functionality, feel and quality is much better.

I held out for a 2007 56 plate GT in black with the same colour leather as that grey one here and its soo nice. All the updates, bi-xennons, led rear lights, better inside, better bluetooth makes it feel like it'll stay feeling fresh much longer. Oh and i know the tax will be 440 quid on the 07> but the extra power is well worth it too :thumbs:

I think your getting the MY06 facelift mixed up with the MY07 facelift.....

I think your getting the MY06 facelift mixed up with the MY07 facelift.....

Yes, Sarnie is on the ball - the one thing I remember being added on the MY07 on the inside that was not on the MY06 (having had one of those myself) was the illuminated ignition keyhole - might have been something else..........

The important point is that Dealers had stock of the MY03's when the MY06's were released and then had those when the MY07's were released meaning some of the older models were still kicking around a year or more after the facelifts were available. And some 'old' 350 stock from Ireland after the release of the 370 was still knocking around on this side of the Irish Sea for a long time - usually given away by the fitment of the GT4 wheels. ;)

Er.. am i? I have what i described, didnt mention any MY info, I dont have an illuminated ignition key area as they introduced that on the 313's didnt they? I have a last of the '296's', a 2007 56 plate. Has the silver control surrounds and better quality materials inside, LED rear lights, xennons etc..

Very interesting reading

I have just bought a 55 plate and it was registered 3 days before the higher tax bracket. I didn't do my research as I went to look at an Audi TT but my one was parked next to it and as it was 4 years newer with 50k miles less than the TT I bought it.

Luckily I got the GT, didn't even realise there was another model

Pleased with it but needs more power

I am slowly going through the site picking up snippets of info

Glad I became a member cheers guys and girls :teeth: