on the hunt for an Azure

Viper

been on the lookout for a low mileage UK 55-57 plate Azure recently, and came across a 55 with 9,600 miles. Spoke to the owner, he's the 3rd and has covered 2,000 miles since buying it two years ago. It doesnt have any service history as such

Always a bit dubious of quite a few owners, low miles and no S/H but think its work a look to see if it checks out. Anything in particular to look out for or should i be even looking at it?

(Going to run a HPI on it tonight)

Azure stopped before the 07 HR model so you won't find one newer than that unless it was old stock.

I'd be very dubious of a 5 year old car with 3 owners and less than 10000 miles. The servicing is 9000 miles so there is a chance that it never actually has been serviced.......

If you have the VIN you can check the mileage at the previous M.O.T's online. 3 owners in almost 6 years is fairly normal some have had twice that number. Low mileage Zed's are not that uncommon, mine's on a 55 plate with 10k on the clock.

Pete

As JetSet says about M.O.T check but what you need is the reference number off the last M.O.T or the Document Reference number off the V5 then you can check it out online. Also check on the Number plates for a postcode or do an online search for the letters in the reg to see where it was originally supplied/registered. Might point you in the direction of a bit of history.

Hope this helps a bit. Oh and make a note of previous owners details on V5 and try directory enquiries.

Azure stopped before the 07 HR model so you won't find one newer than that unless it was old stock.

I'd be very dubious of a 5 year old car with 3 owners and less than 10000 miles. The servicing is 9000 miles so there is a chance that it never actually has been serviced.......

Even if the car is around 9000 miles its been 5 years... in theory it should have 5 services?

whichever comes sooner 1 year or 9000 miles no? :headhurt:

Yes it's 1 year or 9000 (whichver soonest) but my (badly made) point was hinting that as the mileage is low the fact that it hasn't got a service history is perhaps as it's not had a service!

Some people just don't think you need to service cars.......

the current reg is FV55 KKG the guy did have a private plate on it but has swapped it back in December, im deffo one for servicing if it turns out OK it will be sorted

Havent got the VIN as yet but will ask for that before the viewing

You should have the VIN if you did a proper Hpi check on the reg. If it was just one of those txt checks it won't tell you if there is outstanding finance, only total loss/stolen.

As stated before you need serial no. of last M.o.t or Document ref. number from current V5 to do an online M.O.T history check.

hope that helps

been for the viewing this afternoon turns out to be in pretty good nick, a few light scratches on the body work, the front nose is stone chip free, interior is mint (no rubs off scuffs on the leather or plastics) or any signs of ware. It drove really smooth no rattles or strange noises.

worse bits are the two front wheels are kurbed bad and it still has '05 Bridgestones on it, small chip low down on the passenger side windowscreen. He's had it garaged since owning it

the story given it was a dealership demo car, then a lady brought who got pregnant, then the current guy, he has all the MOT's which added up and some receipts and sounds like a little service work was carried out, but not much. The guy seemed genuine he has a few other cars and it was his sunday best

VIN checked out OK, got a few more checks to do and see how the insurance will pan out tomorrow

how much approximately is a set of new tyres?

Sounds like you have found a cracker. Have a look on Camskill for a guide to tyre prices. :)

£726 all in delivered from Camskill for the factory Bridgestones, amazingly cheap but are they any good ? will be a weekend/dry weather car for me

Just a quick note of warning regarding mycarcheck.com

Although it is a good service be aware that it does not tell you if there is any outstanding finance on the car. If this was the case and you bought it, the Finance company would still have an interest in it and could ultimately seek to recover the outstanding amount by repossessing the car. Only a full Hpi check covers this.

May sound a bit ott but you have to be careful when parting with that amount of money.

Best of luck

..aahhh in two minds now, im thinking refurbed wheels, new tyres and £500+ approx for a service i may as well look for one that doesnt need so much spending on it, maybe a bit newer of course then ill still need an exhaust and a few other bits.. :)

know what you mean about finance owing my last car had a big chunk owing on it, knew about it from the start though it wasnt a problem at all to sort it out direct with the finance company