What a day!! 350 immaculate with a few piccys

iain10101

I was going to get some photos of the entire job but my camera lense decided to fail, i completely forgot about my iphone camera as i was so busy!

Firstly at 7.30am :yawn: i used my new pressure washer with my :cloud9: snowfoam.

Once the dirt had dripped off the car i got to grips with my Dodo Claybar and born slippy, honestly i was amazed at what came off as she looked pretty clean in the first place.

Then i got my lime prime and a microfibre pad out and gave the entire car a good going over than microfibred it off.

I decided in the end to go with Supagard polish which went on and buffed off to leave the most amazing shine. :teeth:

Finally i used Dodo rainforest Rub wax and its amazing, :#1: easy to apply and remove residue to leave a deep shine to be proud of!

Then on to the wheels which was quite an ordeal.....

Firstly removal of one wheel at a time, Bilberry cleaned followed by rimwax. Whilst i was waiting for the wax to cure i got to grips with the brake cleaner and the polishing of the Brembo calipers.

And to complete the car i used a trade strength glass cleaner to all the glass then RainX'd the outside of the glass and rainX anti fog'd the insides. I peek metal polished my tail pipes too, look great seing as they were black before i started.

As my mate helped me out today i offered to do the same to his MR2 Turbo, in black. I tell you all something a 19yr old car came out with these products looking virtually brand new. Will get piccys of that tomorrow. I Would reccomend these products to anyone :thumbs: and the scents coming from my car is :cloud9:

The only thing i didnt get a chance to do was to hoover her out and gliptone the seats :surrender: 2 cars completed externally by 6.30pm :clap:

And just to top it off im going to start to do the Focus in the morning, :surrender: 'thats if my arms have gone down' as i look like arnie at present. :boxing: Also incredibly sunburned as it was 27' here today.

A few pics from my iphone, not great but i have to send my camera off for repair :surrender:

Will get some more piccys up at locations later in the weekend. :thumbs:

6f8da1f3.jpg

4d4165f8.jpg

58be119b.jpg

8b7be3e8.jpg

b431f640.jpg

08e65be6.jpg

58014c95.jpg

Excellent job there mate, car looks brand new and nice to see those wheels the way they are meant to be ;):lol:

Looks lovely, let me know when you have another day spare and I'll bring mine down for you to do :thumbs:

Claying is great isn't it. Amazing how much comes off when you think the car is already spotless.

Only bad thing about giving the car a serious once over is you get to find all the new chips / scratches.....cry

Indeed will, i have around 10 chips that i had not recently seen :angry: . Its also got some paint defects to the rear bumper, like bubbling paint that the bubble has popped off the top. Overall though the car does look pretty great and its a shame the pictures dont do it justice. Im gonna try to get some replective shots at some point. :thumbs: . Honest to say that i have never felt paint sooooooooooooooooooooooo smooth. If you fancy bringing that bad boy polisher down you are more than welcome :blush: . I still have the interior to do and also some detailing under the bonnet that i have made a start too. The thing is i did it all by hand and although my arms feel like they are about to fall off, its got me hooked and cant wait to do the ST. Does that make me a little mad?? :bangin:

Sounds like a good idea, I could pop down for a nice run, let you have a play with the polisher and we can pop down to a local pub for a beer and some grub. I'm sure we could pursuade some of the usual suspects too.

Will have to sort something out, maybe after the welsh run.

Sounds like a good idea, I could pop down for a nice run, let you have a play with the polisher and we can pop down to a local pub for a beer and some grub. I'm sure we could pursuade some of the usual suspects too.

Sounds like a plan! can discuss at Wales :yahoo: or the pre meet :thumbs: Gonna be busy boys.....

Are those 18 inch rims? Not seen concave rear Nismo's before.... :thumbs:

Do you know i hadnt noticed they were any different to other Nismo's :blush: I bought the rims off our own resident MBS, top bloke! :thumbs: Wheels are 18's yes and are looking 100% after the Bilberry and Rimwax. :cloud9:

Hadn't realised you signed up for Wales mate, good news, you'll love it :drive1 Car looks :cloud9::thumbs:

Sounds like a plan! can discuss at Wales :yahoo: or the pre meet :thumbs: Gonna be busy boys.....

The thing is i did it all by hand and although my arms feel like they are about to fall off, its got me hooked and cant wait to do the ST. Does that make me a little mad?? :bangin:

If it does I must be bonkers........I've been enjoying every Saturday doing 5-6 hour cleaning jobs on our cars but once they're done they last a good while....I got to the point of asking friends, family and work colleagues if they want their cars doing to give me something to do!! :scare:

I find it relaxing to be honest. Nice to get out in the fresh air too - especially when you work in an office.

Excellent job though mate :thumbs:

Are those 18 inch rims? Not seen concave rear Nismo's before.... :thumbs:

they look like the gtr rota rim, like you said havnt seen nismos like that before

Post 89. :thumbs: Dont look any different, had to do a search to see if there was a difference. Maybe its cos the rears take 275 tyres??

http://my350z.com/forum/media-share/276 ... mo-18.html

They are definitely different, maybe the 18's have concave rears? Check out the 19's zmanalex sold recently:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=46544&hilit=beavis+nismo