Saxon.

choptop

Well, they're certainly no 'Ace of Base'!

No thank goodness! NWOBHM Rules! (Brownie Points for anyone who can tell me what this stands for).

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal!!!!!!!!!

And no i did not need Google.

Saw Saxon 2 years ago at Wacken in Germany. It was some anniversary and they played for around 3 hours \m/

Nothing wrong with Saxon mate !!! :band::band::band::band:

And those that are missing out on Motorcycle Man, Dallas 1 pm, Wheels of Steel, etc. just don't know what they're missing.

Saw them several times back in the day (20 years ago or so).

Even was backstage at one of their gigs (thanks to a mate who was an ex-roadie etc.).

Also have seen them morerecently (and doesn't Biff look so old now ??!! :wheelchair: ).

Saw them a couple of years back supporting Motorhead and also a couple of times in the last few years at Hard Rock Hell (wonderful indoor festival with loads of old metal bands and some newer ones held in the rather dubious location of Prestatyn Pontins Holiday Camp in December - been going four years now and is absolutely brilliant - go to hardrockhell.com for info).

Gold old honest no frills heavy metal - great stuff. :thumbs:

Good to see someone else actually knows what NWOBHM means too.......

Is this still the original line up.

God they must be old Fookers.

I saw them at Walsall town hall before their first single Stallions went into the charts later that month.

Must have been 1979.

Was a mere youth at 17 and had hair longer than the band :lol:

i saw Saxon in deepest Wales....on the 1980 Wheels of Steel tour ! It was my first 'proper' gig :-)

Saw them a couple of years ago supporting Motorhead in Exeter.

Just the bloody same as the first time :blush:

For this year I have the following lined up:

Roger Waters may at O2

Rush at Brummy May 22

Judas priest end of July in Bournmouth

Deep Purple in Brum again in November

Anyone going to these ?

Rush at Sheffield Arena on May 16th for me :thumbs:

Last gig was Airbourne in Brum just before Xmas - they were loud :band:

Best memories of the 70s was seeing Iron Maiden at the Ruskin Arms in 1978 before they became big - fantastic (for a 13 year old!). Seen Maiden about 150 times since (though the best days were the Number of the Beast tour and the few years after that).

Monsters of Rock at Donnington in the 80s was fun as well (if you dodged the bottles of urine flying around) - Scorpions, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Magnum, Def Leppard plus many others (most of whom are stil touring now :wheelchair: )

No thank goodness! NWOBHM Rules! (Brownie Points for anyone who can tell me what this stands for).

Saw Saxon 2 years ago at Wacken in Germany. It was some anniversary and they played for around 3 hours \m/

Brownie points awarded :lol:

Glad to see that there are supporters of proper music on the forum :thumbs:

Original lineup still going.

Takes me back to the days of Tiffany's and The Granary in Bristol. :cloud9:

Monstors of Rock and Reading...........class festivals! Does anyone remember the flying plastic bottles full of whatever anyone could fill them with?

Now was thinking of a trip to Wacken some time. Is it worth the journey? :bounce:

i got in about 7 am. camped in the bloody rain all day. covered ourselves with plastic sheeting that blew off the stage.... watched all the bands. Purple came on on I was swept 100yds backwards !!!!!! lost my bloody place! I can still rember it now.... god what a brilliant day........nah nah naahhhhh na na na nahhhhhh na na naahhhh na na........

sorry.... i'll get me coat. :disguise:

Brownie points awarded :lol:

Glad to see that there are supporters of proper music on the forum :thumbs:

Original lineup still going.

Takes me back to the days of Tiffany's and The Granary in Bristol. :cloud9:

Monstors of Rock and Reading...........class festivals! Does anyone remember the flying plastic bottles full of whatever anyone could fill them with?

Now was thinking of a trip to Wacken some time. Is it worth the journey? :bounce:

Wacken is AWESOME!!! :band:

Here is a video of the road trip that we made last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=AGjO-PxIkaM

We go every year and usually stop off for a night in Bruges, two nights in Amsterdam and a night in Hamburg before the festival.

Its by far the best week of the year!

i got in about 7 am. camped in the bloody rain all day. covered ourselves with plastic sheeting that blew off the stage.... watched all the bands. Purple came on on I was swept 100yds backwards !!!!!! lost my bloody place! I can still rember it now.... god what a brilliant day........nah nah naahhhhh na na na nahhhhhh na na naahhhh na na........

sorry.... i'll get me coat. :disguise:

I was there as well. So wet and horrible but the music was fantastic. I've just noticed that Saxon were playing in Bournemouth tonight and I missed it!!!! Gutted! I've been sitting at home bored because my kids are all out and the wife is in Spain.

Blackmore at his very best in the 70's. Dont think there is a guitarist to touch him imo. B)

Deep Purple. Sheer raw stratocaster and marshall power played with pure emotion B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsO26Pgm6qI

Then with Rainbow, check out the drumming and guitaring at 2.32 :notworthy:

More great Deep Purple and mayhem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-lSTlUnfA&feature=related

I saw Purple for the first time in 85 at Knebworth. The line up was immense !

Check this out : http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Knebwort ... -1985.html

I still think it was the best gig I have ever been to :-)

Were YOU there???????

Yup :thumbs:

Seen them a couple of times since then and they were not so good. At Brum, Blackmore walked off stage as something 'did not suit' and came back on 30 minutes later. He stayed another 10 minutes and walked off stage again :lol: Only he could get away with it. Saw Gillan on TV recently, he has done better at ageing than poor old Biff :lol: