What does the 350Z say about YOU as a person?

StephenG

I think it has become much more difficult to apply stereo types to different car drivers.

Not many people save up for cars anymore everything is on finance so we now see many more prestige motors on the road and a wider variety of people driving them.

I think it also depends on your perspective someone who is 20 would apply different stereo types to different cars than someone who is 60.

I personally stereo type suburus [king boy racer] 3 series bmw’s[repmobiles] audit t[hairdressers cars]I find it more difficult to stereo type say golf drivers, focus drivers astra drivers ect.

As for the Z, being a jap car its again very difficult to stereo type the owners but saying that most of the people I ve seen driving them around here have been middle aged with grey hair which is not good for me but I would not sell it or be put off buying one.

I think most the people that have them are not like me I am quite competitive and still have not had the opportunity to race another Z even though I have came across quite a few of them.

Suburu drivers m3 drivers 200sx drivers and evo drivers seem a lot more competitive and enjoy a play.

Which leads me to believe that alot of Z drivers buy them for the looks and not the performance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, sorry about the 'both' comment.......i couldn't leave my fav new baby out......my R32 GT-R which i bought to sell (honest!). You are a real good bunch of people on here, always helpfull and friendly to newbies........i don't wish to brown tongue but have any of you lot been on scoobynet? What a bunch of w**kers :rant: ......should anyone dare ask a sillyish question then it's knives out time.....lucky for me i am an expert in my own opinion :teeth:

Dave.

ps......my 6 speed JDM 350z is going back up for sale........£13500 no ofers.........grade 4 with 25k and warranted miles cert. Would rather keep her but have overspent on the house refurb once again!! My number is 07810 098199.

Dave, it will be a lot better is you advertise your Z in the for sale section ;)

So, do you not think certain drivers of certain cars fall into personality categories? Young mums on the school run in their SUVs? Mondeo reps? White van drivers? Junior BMW driving execs? Do you not ever 'expect' their driving to follow the trend of their stereotype?

There is a difference in saying that this is true, and following his as a "guideline" to buy or not buy this or that car. I completely agree that some kinds of cars attract a certain type of people, but this would not influence me in getting one, if i really like that car.

Good point Mike, i'll get it posted up there instead :) . Just getting her wheels / de-cats & exhaust put back to standard so i can sell her at a lower price............shame really as she sounds superb with the exhaust and the Khan alloys are going onto my GT-R Skyline :teeth:

Dave.

I think the car brings out the worst in other drivers. I had a ned pull up alongside at the lights and rev the little engine on his hatchback. I just looked across, shook my head and pointed to the bonnet.

What it says about me? well what can you say given my record of previous cars, maybe I should change FFS! to Midlife Crisis!

What my car says about me is that I want to be the centre of attention, to have people look at me and my car and be admired for it, I think it says I have an outgoing personality, one not to shy away from other people, who isn't scared of being a focal point. Lets face it, it's a lovely looking car that will always get an admiring view from people, the colours tell a lot about the personality of the person as well, look at Sarnie in his Yellow car, me in my red one, we shout out 'Look at us'

I went to a pub recently to meet some online friends, nice bunch of people who when they found out that a Z was parked outside were out there looking at it, they admired the car and me for owning it, I tried to look exasperated to my wife who told me 'who are you kidding, you love the attention' which, lets face it I did.

I guess the car tells me that I am an attention seeking whore at the end of the day :D

I've no idea what my car says about me as a person, but I know it's turning me into a bit of an... one second.... cut... paste... attention seeking whore :) Driving round Zurich I've had my photo taken twice at traffic lights (and not because I jumped the lights!!), I've lost count of the times I've come back to the car to find someone taking a look at it (at first I thought they were attempting to steal it, but I've gotten used to it now) and my proudest moment was last Saturday whilst getting my winter tyres put on when it pretty much bought the place to a standstill because everyone wanted a look and a chat about it. I actually blushed as I was driving out accompanied by comments like 'damn it sounds as good as it looks' etc.

I had no preconceptions whatsoever when I bought it as I saw one at a dealers whilst out food shopping, went into the dealers and ordered one. And then panicked like hell because I realised I hadn't even looked in the boot before signing on the dotted line! :teeth:

What I would say though is that every single Z owner I've met so far has always been friendly, (do you wave at each other in the UK as well?) in no way 'stuck up' and genuinely proud of their cars, not because of the badge etc but because of the way it looks, goes and sounds.

Mark (now selfconfessed member of the 'attention seeking whores' club)

1 was also bright yellow

:teeth:

like custard?;)

Anything like this:

Yeah005.jpg

:teeth:

I loved my kuro zed for the car it was. I love my UY zed for the car it is and the attention grabs. It goes without saying that I am a attention seeking whore. :D Hell, with a UY zed, i'm a fully paid up member B)