Wheel spacers with 18" ray wheels-How big can i ge

jon beer

Hi there guys, just had delivery of my newish Z, amazing!!! Haven't stopped smiling all day!! It has GT pack, 18" Forged Rays on, i reckon i can stick some Eibach wheel spacers on the rears, and the fronts (Rears Bridgestone 245x45x18, fronts Bridgestone 225x45x18)

The question is, how big can i go on both the rears, and the fronts, i know from doing this on other cars i've owned, specific trye choice is important, ie, some tyre manufacturers have more square-shouldered tyres than others!

For the sake of argument, we'll stick with the Bridgestones, fairly rounded i would say, if any of you guys have tried this before, i would dearly love to know how you got on, i'm thinking 25mm on the rears, and 20mm on the fronts.

WILL THEY RUB ON THE WHEEL ARCHES???

They will look great anyway!! Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received, Many Thanks,

ps The missus is afraid to drive it!

:D I would like to also replace my current 18" Rays, which i believe have an offset 35mm front and rear, and also are a 8J front, and a 8J rear.

I have thought about some TSW Spa's, but have been told by Demon Tweeks, they won't fit, not sure why not, he mentioned problems hitting the Brembo calipers, but using quite large size spacers, i would'nt have thought that would be a problem.

Anyhow, if anyone has changed their wheels to something afermarket, and managed to fill up the generous rear arches the Z has, i would love to know about it! It's amazing car, i'm smiling a lot driving nowadays!!!

:D I would like to also replace my current 18" Rays, which i believe have an offset 35mm front and rear, and also are a 8J front, and a 8J rear.

I have thought about some TSW Spa's, but have been told by Demon Tweeks, they won't fit, not sure why not, he mentioned problems hitting the Brembo calipers, but using quite large size spacers, i would'nt have thought that would be a problem.

Anyhow, if anyone has changed their wheels to something afermarket, and managed to fill up the generous rear arches the Z has, i would love to know about it! It's amazing car, i'm smiling a lot driving nowadays!!!

rays are 8j front and 8.5j rear. If 8j all round then i think you may have the oem wheels and not the rays :shrug:

I have thought about some TSW Spa's, but have been told by Demon Tweeks, they won't fit, not sure why not, he mentioned problems hitting the Brembo calipers.

TSW Spa's aren't available in the correct PCD . Roughly speaking this is something to do with the distance the studs are apart, they only make PCD 100 in 18 inch and you'll need PCD 114.3 x 5, which seems to be something of a standard for larger Japanese cars, like the Supra, RX8, etc. Difficult to get much info on TSW Spa's but I found a site selling 114.3 x 5 Spa's but these are 19 inch wheels.

Pete

thanks for the response guys. Just to clarify, i have standard 18" Rays on currently, and they ARE 8 and a half J on the rears!, sorry, it was my mistake.

Pete, could you follow up your reply with info on the site that supplies the 19" TSW Spa's, it's something i'm thinking about, my only concern, apart from the dosh, is what 19's do the ride?? I once did an old astra GTE, and put 17's on it, and my god, it was a horrible ride!!

But this time ,i'll stick with the oem suspension, which i think is great anyway, any further thoughts on my predicament would be appreciated, thanks guys, Jon

PM'd :thumbs: . The bigger the wheels the choppier the ride is. Bigger wheels will require lower profile tyres and the lower the profile the stiffer the tyre walls are, that's my experience with the 20 inch ones I've got on anyway.

Pete