DODO WON. Order on last post

iain10101

Im looking to give my baby a treat as my plans have had to be put on hold for now :( .So im gonna give her a good claying, polish and wax next weekend! Ive been looking at DODO products for some time now but i havent bit the bullet yet........

So im looking for some makeup for my 3rd favourite girl in the world. 'had to say that as wifey and daughter are in the room with me'. So advice is muchly needed :thumbs:

I have been a SRP and EGP fan for some years after my MER days, so am i going in the right direction for DODO or is there something else a little special someone is hiding away?

I know that we all take pride in our babies so am looking forward to some valuble advice and also maybe a pointer in the right direction as to where to get the best prices. Many thanks in advance, Iain :teeth:

Cant really go wrong with AG SRP. I'd first swap out EGP for Dodo Supernatural and then when you're out of AG SRP, give Dodo Lime Prime a go.

As said above there is stuff more special, but Dodo is about the limit I put on a price for good wax and polish, after that its seriously diminishing returns for the cost.

AG Super Resin isn't the greatest of waxes, it's SUPERB at cleansing the paint, but would recommend a hard wax application on top, something in the range of Dodo. Supernatural is great but not worth the price tag, but then again it lasts forever!! I use Meguiars NXT 2 as a bottom coat and Supernatural or Autoglym High Gloss finish as the top coat.

PM Tim at Envy with a budget and just say 'I need a starter pack'..........he'll deliver a most delightfully packed box full of foam packing peanuts which gives a mysterious 'lucky dip' feel to it - each time you delve in you'll retrieve a new and exciting prize!

While you at it add £55 to your budget and get a snowfoam lance.......you know it makes sense! :thumbs:

AG Super Resin isn't the greatest of waxes, it's SUPERB at cleansing the paint, but would recommend a hard wax application on top, something in the range of Dodo. Supernatural is great but not worth the price tag, but then again it lasts forever!! I use Meguiars NXT 2 as a bottom coat and Supernatural or Autoglym High Gloss finish as the top coat.

Thats because SRP is a polish - as the name suggests ;) It offers no protection.

moved , cant quite see why this was a technical question :lol:

We can get technical if you like :p

Thats because SRP is a polish - as the name suggests ;) It offers no protection.

moved , cant quite see why this was a technical question :lol:

We can get technical if you like :p

AG Super Resin does actually provide sealant properties and is not just a polish. Meguiars ultimate compound is solely a polish, unlike AG SR.

Damn those pesky guys at Megs. Why do a polish (SRP) and a sealant (EGP), yet have sealant in your polish? :lol: Still I wouldnt class SRP as anything other than a polish and would apply a final LSP such as wax or sealant on top as SRP wont do a lot to protect.

Damn those pesky guys at Megs. Why do a polish (SRP) and a sealant (EGP), yet have sealant in your polish? :lol: Still I wouldnt class SRP as anything other than a polish and would apply a final LSP such as wax or sealant on top as SRP wont do a lot to protect.

As per my previous post, not to be classed as a top coat wax.

I used to use SRP religously, very good at removing contaminants from the car, not as good as clay, but always provided a great shine, and superb beading effect.

Since learning that SRP good at what id does, shouldn't be used during each clean and only used periodically. Since then I use the Megs NXT 2 and apply a top coat of either Dodo or Autoglym High Gloss. All depends on my mood and energy left for applying and removing said products. I'm going to be trying some new products in the very near future.

Thanks for the ideas fella's.

I bit the bullet and got a few bits. :lol:

I have a new pressure washer 'one of em £45 ones' :thumbs: . Tim has sent me out some SnowFoam and an attachment for it :thumbs: which should be here tomorrow, thanks Tim. Appologies for not giving you the whole order :blush: Next time i will defo come to you for the order :thumbs:

I have some Bilberry wheel cleaner and rimwax for the wheels. I have some DODO Supernatural shampoo. I have a claybar and some born slippy. I also got some Dodo Limeprime. Then on top of that i got me some Dodo Rainforest Rub for the Zed and some Orange Crush for the EO ST3. I then though whilst im at it i would get me some peek Metal polish and some wire wool for the exhaust. And then i got me some Glass polish and some tyre Smartgel. And finally i got thrown in 4 Microfibre Cloths, 4 applicator pads, a Lambswool Washmitt, a wheel brush and to end i got me a swissvax washing pad! :surrender:

So im gonna be a busy boy this weekend! Wish me Luck as im gonna do all polishing by hand as i dont have a polisher yet :surrender: My intention is to do the Zed on saturday and the ST3 on Sunday then have Monday off to post a few piccys of the Huge task! :thumbs:

Thanks for the ideas fella's.

I bit the bullet and got a few bits. :lol:

I have a new pressure washer 'one of em £45 ones' :thumbs: . Tim has sent me out some SnowFoam and an attachment for it :thumbs: which should be here tomorrow, thanks Tim. Appologies for not giving you the whole order :blush: Next time i will defo come to you for the order :thumbs:

I have some Bilberry wheel cleaner and rimwax for the wheels. I have some DODO Supernatural shampoo. I have a claybar and some born slippy. I also got some Dodo Limeprime. Then on top of that i got me some Dodo Rainforest Rub for the Zed and some Orange Crush for the EO ST3. I then though whilst im at it i would get me some peek Metal polish and some wire wool for the exhaust. And then i got me some Glass polish and some tyre Smartgel. And finally i got thrown in 4 Microfibre Cloths, 4 applicator pads, a Lambswool Washmitt, a wheel brush and to end i got me a swissvax washing pad! :surrender:

So im gonna be a busy boy this weekend! Wish me Luck as im gonna do all polishing by hand as i dont have a polisher yet :surrender: My intention is to do the Zed on saturday and the ST3 on Sunday then have Monday off to post a few piccys of the Huge task! :thumbs:

You haven't mentioned polish? Did you get some?

If you're polishing the zed by hand I hope you've got massive arms and a lot of patience :thumbs::)

I always do my polishing by hand :) don't trust machines to do it nice enough!

A Dual Action polisher can be trusted. I swear by it now, saves so much time and effort. I've also noticed when applying wax it also lasts longer on the car instead of by hand. Not only that but you use less products. Seriously, they are a valuable detailers tool.

Depends what you are polishing for. To remove contaminants then by hand is fine, but to correct swirls you need the speed of a DA to actually cut into the paint a little. Once you've had a correction done though and if you use the 2BM, swirls should be virtually none existent and then polishing by hand would be fine. Depends if you buy a DA to do the correction, you may as well use it for subsequent polish sessions, but if you paid a pro to correct it then doing it by hand is fine afterwards.