Show me your painted interior bits!

Cal

As above, any interior bits you've had painted... post pics (please) :)

I'm thinking of doing my whole centre console right up to the drinks holder gloss black, anyone done similar? How do you prep the textured plastic for a smooth finish?

Cheers,

Cal

Thanks all for the responses with pics :D

What Paul has achieved - the whole centre strip through the car... that's what I want, but gloss black.

How the fook do you prep that? It's all pretty textured, especially from the gear stick and back :bangin:

What Paul has achieved - the whole centre strip through the car... that's what I want, but gloss black.

How the fook do you prep that? It's all pretty textured, especially from the gear stick and back :bangin:

Pay a paint shop to do it! :lol:

i'm hoping to be able to wrap the dash in any colour people want. got some new stuff to try out, have a customer lined up and hopefully be able to post results next week.

Wet dry and then high build primer? I'm not a painter, but like to dabble!

RT; would that mean you applying said elbow grease first? ;)

as far as i'm aware, no elbow grease need apply, the vinyl is thick enough to cover the dimples with out leaving a mark. the ones i have to test on havebeen chewed up by their owner with a dremmel to the point where painting isa not an easy resurection :lol: . so hoping the vinyl will do the job.

it should be the same as the DI-noc stuff the others hlike BM have used on their dash and as far as i'm aware they didn't rub them down first.

Wet dry and then high build primer? I'm not a painter, but like to dabble!

RT; would that mean you applying said elbow grease first? ;)

as far as i'm aware, no elbow grease need apply, the vinyl is thick enough to cover the dimples with out leaving a mark. the ones i have to test on havebeen chewed up by their owner with a dremmel to the point where painting isa not an easy resurection :lol: . so hoping the vinyl will do the job.

it should be the same as the DI-noc stuff the others hlike BM have used on their dash and as far as i'm aware they didn't rub them down first.

No need to do any prep with Di-Noc or similar, just make sure the surfaces are nice and clean and it covers up any texture underneath nicely :thumbs:

Added bonus of going back to stock if required :thumbs: