Bluetooth adapter doesn't pair...help?

sprevett

tried a (brand new) adapter which fits the cradle no problem and I can see a (rather dim) Amber led when I switch ignition on. Then it flashes red. However my mobile (HTC Mozart) can't detect it, and the same happens when I tried another phone (Nokia I think ).

So, are there different versions? Do I need to do something else to pair? Is my phone too new I.e is the Bluetooth possibly a later type or something like that?

I had a few probs pairing my iPhone, worked 1st time but then not for a few days.

A simple on/off of the car seemed to help and allow me to pair it.

Probably not the above but good luck with finding a solution.

Did mine about a week ago - HTC Desire HD,

Plugged in the BT adapter set the phone to scan Nothing :wacko:

After checking everything (nothing out of place) tried again -

Ignition on it took 3 scans then it was there! - enter code normally "1234" I believe - dropped in although the phone displayed "Paired but not connected" for about 5 mins.

Operating instructions (only UK 350's with fitted cradle)

Power up:

Pairing :

Insert the Nissan 350Z Bluetooth Adapter (hereinafter: BT Adapter) in the hang-up cup of the

hands-free set (HFCK). If you connect now the power supply of the HFCK, the BT Adapter will

also be activated. A long signal is audible. The BT Adapter tries for 40 seconds to establish a

connection to the last connected mobile phone.

If you wish to establish a Bluetooth connection for the first time, you have to activate the

Bluetooth function of your mobile phone and search for Bluetooth devices. In this case search for

a device labelled "NISSAN 350Z", please select it and enter the PIN number 1234. It is possible using

different types of mobile phones, that the device “unkown†will appear instead of “NISSAN 350Zâ€. In that

case please select “unkownâ€.The Bluetooth connection (interconnection) will then be established

between your mobile phone and the BT Adapter. If a connection has been set up, the left diode blinks

red. If it is not possible to establish a connection, please check and update the software release of your

mobile phone.

The BT Adapter has a memory for the storage of the identification of up to 4 mobile phones. In

case a fifth mobile phone is connected the oldest entry in the BT Adapter memory is cancelled.

If you wish to cancel a Bluetooth connection, you can either disconnect it conveniently at the BT

Adapter or at your mobile phone.

It is only possible to establish one Bluetooth connection to a mobile phone at a time, even if

several mobile phones which are known to the BTAdapter are within reach.

Latest compatibility list from Bury: