Might refurbish my seats red!

D4XNY

Ha ha, I said I might.......

Anyway was on another car forum and someone had changed the colour of their seats, and I must admit the transformation was amazing! So I thought I might bring it to you guys attention.....

Might be hard to change the colour of the black leather seats, but as for tan, mightbe something to think about.... anyway, have a watch......

and a link to the site

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leathe ... nt_Kit.htm

I think a medium size kit would be sufficient for 2 seats, gearstick, gaitor, steering wheel etc...

Not bad for £55 delivered....

Choice of about 20 colours....

Dan

Awesome, thanks for posting this up buddy :thumbs:

just ordered the Purple , so ill let you know how it goes n do a picture thread. Black to purple.

Looking forward to seeing this B)

• 4 months later...

Ok some more info for you all,

I got a medium sized kit, which is more than enough, I still have half the paint left still, and its cost £60 with delivery

It took a total of one day, I removed the 4 bolts from each seat, unclip the electric plugs (2 on passenger, 3 on driver)

And they come out easy enough, I then prepped the chairs (1 hour) masked them up (1 hour) and sprayed....taking my time, drying with a heat gun on low heat before applying additional coats, i then glossed and sealed. removed masking tape, and touched up any areas (especially around edges) with a paint brush, any excess paint was removed with white spirit and a cotton bud or cloth. It really was that easy

It comes with everything you need in the videos, the spray gun, the spray propellants, alcohol cleaner, gloss, gloss sealant, scouring pad and cotton wool, Im really pleased with them.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have a question for the OP regarding the steering wheel, gear knob, handbrake and plastics on the seat.

Did you just mask of the lower part to the wheel, gear knob etc to colour them or remove them first and as for the plastics on the seat, I assume you masked them off, to maybe the products don't affect materials other than leather?