looking at buying a presure washer

Dano190485

I'm on my second Karcher.Both still working. :thumbs: (long story)

If you can, check out Costco as I think they have an offer on them at the moment.

You can't check online though,you need a card or someone who has one and then visit a store. :shrug:

i was always warned off karcher;

so i bought a bosh; just a little one, but its been great. i might upgrade to a bigger one just as i need it for other jobs, but the baby bosch i have has been brilliant. never fails. had it 3 years, use it once a month at least no problems at all.

First one I bought is 16 year old I think and the only problem is a plastic spline on the cooling fan. It made so much noise I cut it off.

So in the summer it only works for 10 mins then overheats. Leave for 30 mins and fine again. I got fed up and bought another,the old one spends its life outside to clean the dog kennel. They state 'protect from frost' that one has been outside for 3 years,the hose freezes but when thawed works fine.

cheers mate what things should i look to be included or do the brushes do more hard than good

Please for the love of all that is holy tell my that your not intending to apply the brush to your paintwork? You dirty, evil, paint wreacking dirt weasel!!! :lol:

Karcher and keep a decent distance from the car - the brush goes in the wheel arch and no where else! :boxing:

I used to use the pressure washer, but find I get the same results with a hozelock spray gun thing and it takes less time as you don't have to arse about setting it up. Save the money and spunk it on two buckets, a sheep wool mitt thing and the worlds allocation of maguires waxey cleaney stuff.

Then bask in the shininess!

I have a little 100 bar Makita washer. Perfect for use on a car and I would never need one capable of huge pressures as all I would end up doing is taking the paint off the car :lol:.

I did take off the original Makita handle and swapped it for a Karcher one, simply because almost everything you need will 9/10 be available in a Karcher attachment. Although, all I need for the car is a variable lance (switch between a fan of water and a high power jet) and my Snowfoam Lance.

I got everything off eBay for about £55 total :teeth:.

Well to be completly honest I want a pressure washer with a snow foam lance and wanna spend no more then £100 so if any one knows any where I could get this would be forever greatful lol

my basby bosh was brand new from B&Q and cost about £75 i think, i have a snow foam lance as well which fits bosh, and i got that off i4detailing.co.uk bith work brilliant together.

If you are near the SE you can have a free pressure washer, its an own brand halfords one I think. I am moving soon and nowhere to pressure wash :byebye:

I just bought one of the own brand one from halfords...it was only £50 and does a decent job on the car....not sure it'd be up to cleaning patios and the like but it's spot on for the car without breaking the bank.

Bought a 3bar one about three years ago from B&Q it had a three year guarantee and its still going strong, about £100 as I recall. Be carefull not to use a them too close to the paint work as they'll wip a lump of paint off if youve a chip in it :scare: