New buyer of 350z

Steevs28

hi all, I'm looking to buy my 350z in the next month, I have test driven 3 of them and fallen in love with the car, I'm looking at getting a roadster around a 55 plate. My question is I would be looking at getting it LPG converted as I do a lot of miles, can anybody provide any info on this?

Thanks in advance :)

A zed is more of a sports car... spending the money to get it LPG converted peronally is a waste of time. Spend the money on fuel, you wont regret this :)

Even so, if your easy on the throttle and its going to be mostly motorway miles, then you can easily achieve the mid 30's MPG.

:thumbs:

The usual method for saving fuel in a Zed is to take the 2k you were going to spend on an LPG conversion and buy a cheap diesel shed.......in fact people are very peculiar about they're sheds on here - there is an unnatural fascination with them :lol:

As Beau has said, it's not that difficult to get over 30mpg on a long run. The Zed drinks fuel like crazy in the first 3 or 4 miles then once the engine warms up the mpg is very reasonable. I'm only getting 2mpg less than my previous car a 1.8 Toyota Celica. Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Pete

The forum is great, Im sure you fill find a lot of information on hear...

And the stories about 19 MPG is probably true but it all depends on how well you drive and any modifications you do. Once you take it easy and keep the revs low you will be fine and can easily get the mid 30's or higher and then you can still open up the throttle on a long stretch. :p

And the stories about 19 MPG is probably true but it all depends on how well you drive and any modifications you do. Once you take it easy and keep the revs low you will be fine and can easily get the mid 30's or higher and then you can still open up the throttle on a long stretch. :p

I think you are being highly optimistic, borderline misleading.

Mid 30's mpg or higher??????

Sure, if you cruise on the motorway and reset the trip computer, it will show mid 30's mpg. But a realistic conservative mpg will be about 24-26 mpg. Less if you only drive about town.

I think you are being highly optimistic, borderline misleading.

Mid 30's mpg or higher??????

Sure, if you cruise on the motorway and reset the trip computer, it will show mid 30's mpg. But a realistic conservative mpg will be about 24-26 mpg. Less if you only drive about town.

He makes a good point - mid 30's is possible but only on a 1 off journey - you need to be thinking about combined motoring....mid twenties would be a good figure. We only get low 20's/upper teens because the drive to work is only 3 miles.

, I was hearing stories of about 19 mpg :)

If you're doing an 8 mile round trip to work and back then that's all you'll get :shrug: . The highest average I've ever seen is 31.3 it's currently at a more realistic 26.8 over the last 4,000 miles or so.

Pete

Id avoid LPG, will take some life out of the car also your buying a sports car why LPG it? To be honest im in town and all i ever get is about 16-20mpg at best, the Z engine is efficient really for its size when on a run but also drinks when your putting your foot down, your bound to put your foot down imo.

Since you have a TDI golf use that in the week and Z on weekends?

Woaahh, hold on a secundo.

Stop feeding the guy porkies. Z's don't get mid 30's mpg. Unless they're rolling down a hill. Forgot what the trip computer says.

It's an 80 litre tank right (mostly). So you'd need to be doing over 600 miles on one tank to be getting "mid 30's mpg". Now, that doesn't happen. Look at any thread on this board, and you'll see the average is 300-350 on a good run. Some people getting 250 when driving hard and some people getting over 400 when being careful. No where near 550 miles needed to get 30+ mpg!

I used to get around 280-320 on a normal mixed run. Which came out about 21-24mpg on the trip (lies again! that's actually 17-18mpg!!). On a motorway run I *once* squeezed out almost 500, doing 50/60 the whole way. But that was excrutiating. I'm not saying 500+ isn't possible, somewhere, somehow. But it certainly wasn't by me, and it certainly wouldn't be something you could do on a regular basis, without perfect traffic conditions and even more perfect will power!