HELP!! Exhausts and brakes problems

Rocky

Guys & Girls,

Please help!!

I think my exhaust is knackered! Got in it today and it sounds like its blowing / got a hole in it (not the normal hole at end before I get any smart answers!) Much louder than normal.

....Which means I’m in the market for a new one.

How much does an OEM one cost from Nissan? Any traders reading this got them in stock?

What are the benefits of getting an aftermarket one? ....apart from the sound?

It all seems to have come at once as I also need to get new brake pad and have a service - which I should probably think about getting new spark plugs.

Any suggestions as to what pads / plugs to get.

I'm useless with stuff like this, so any help would be greatly appreciated

You dont want to knwo the price of an OEM one.

Members here often sell theirs after fitting an aftermarket one, so you may get one offered.

Otherwise there are a plethora of aftermarket alternatives from £300-£3000. Check the exhausts section of the forum.

Pads and plugs - :pmzmanalex:

I didn't think they actually gave any more power on the Z? Not noticable anyway?

I don't want anything too loud and in your face.

I need to get someone to have a look at it and actually find out whats wrong and what i need to replace????

After market exhaust will improve performance slightly, Im not sure if it will be noticeable but you also may get better mpg as the engine is breathing better, but I have to say, the standard exhauset on the 350's are quite good as well.

But you do get a better sound with aftermarket ones :teeth:

I didn't think they actually gave any more power on the Z? Not noticable anyway?

I don't want anything too loud and in your face.

I need to get someone to have a look at it and actually find out whats wrong and what i need to replace????

You won't get any extra power from an after market back box or mid pipe. There are some gains to be had from an uprated y pipe and/or race cats/de-cats but that would still need a tune afterwards to get the most from them.

As you say you need to find out which part is affected first. If you want to stay oem then :pmzmanalex: He has most things much cheaper than Nissan prices.

Exactly the same thing happened to mine in November, started blowing and found it was at the joint to the back box. Apparently it's quite common. Was rather shocked how much the Nissan dealers wanted for just the back box so instead went for a whole new miltek system. Turned the negative to a positive and love it now.

If you don't want to go for a new system, im sure there are lots of members here who may have a back box going. I know lots pm'd me when I wrote a similar post to yours last year.

Hope you get it sorted.

Unless you want to view this as an ideal time to upgrade then I would take intropects advice and look at getting it welded up. This will probably only be about £50.

This would at least get things sorted quickly so you don't go out and buy something you either don't need or might not like :surrender:

I speak from experience :blush: