Anyone with Admiral/Elephant with a Plenum Spacer?

Chipster

I'm trying to add a plenum spacer to my policy as a mod and they won't let me.

It doesn't fit into one of their pigeon holes e.g. air filter / exhaust / chip.

Searching on here shows that plenty of you are insured legitimately through Admiral with a plenum spacer. Question is, what did you tell them for them to allow it?

Cheers :dry:

I told them it was a non-performance engine mod. They seemed to accept it at the time. :shrug:

Problem is, that's not technically true so if push came to shove they might not pay out?

I explained exactly what it was to the (Indian) guy on the phone, who then asked his manager but they just refused. :wacko:

That was the resolution we came to. I tried to explain what it was and they didnt understand, so in the end that was what they agreed to insure it as. I think back then it was that or something like "engine mod - 10%+ power increase", which wouldnt be true either. I had it all recorded so they couldnt go back on it. If they have an "engine mod - 5% power" then go with that. There must be a category close to what it does, they have loads of engine mod + power categories now.

Im going to have this problem soon not sure if I would be covered with air filter and exhaust/manifold as its a manifold upgrade ish so may try telling them that?

Intake/exhaust/manifold are all on the list I think. They have a limited range of things they have on the list though, and plenum spacer isnt exactly a popular item across cars, whereas intakes/exhuasts are :thumbs:

I categorised it with Admiral as an intake manifold mod and also added the Engine chip mod.

My quote was £988.

46 years old.

12 years no claims.

Garaged.

Manchester postcode (I bet this is the problem although I'm in a nice area)

Only myself to drive.

I eventually took a quote from Adrian Flux at £945.

Why's it so damned high?

Must be the postcode.

They seem to change them all the time, thats the problem. I have just been looking to renew and there are more and different categories to last time I did it. You'd need to phone up and try to explain what it is and come up with something they are happy with. At the end of the day as long as you have it declared as something you will be ok as they record the conversations. They really do record everything as we argued something when we claimed (non-fault) and they tried to put up our premium even though they said it wouldnt effect it. In the end they went to the archive and listened to the call and had to honour what they'd said :yahoo:

They seem to change them all the time, thats the problem. I have just been looking to renew and there are more and different categories to last time I did it. You'd need to phone up and try to explain what it is and come up with something they are happy with. At the end of the day as long as you have it declared as something you will be ok as they record the conversations. They really do record everything as we argued something when we claimed (non-fault) and they tried to put up our premium even though they said it wouldnt effect it. In the end they went to the archive and listened to the call and had to honour what they'd said :yahoo:

Useful info that Chris... :thumbs:

I cant see that being a problem.

Can I record telephone conversations on my home phone?

Yes. The relevant law, RIPA, does not prohibit individuals from recording their own communications provided that the recording is for their own use. Recording or monitoring are only prohibited where some of the contents of the communication - which can be a phone conversation or an e-mail - are made available to a third party, ie someone who was neither the caller or sender nor the intended recipient of the original communication. For further information see the Home Office website where RIPA is posted.

Do I have to let people know that I intend to record their telephone conversations with me?

No, provided you are not intending to make the contents of the communication available to a third party. If you are you will need the consent of the person you are recording.

• 3 months later...

Anyone on here HAVE their policy kicking abut anywhere?

I'd like to know the EXACT wording for the Plenum spacer mod, as I am looking to put it on with Admiral (Currently with them) but they ay they don't know what it is!

Cheers :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...